Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on what card I should get!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help on what card I should get!

Hi all, 

Long time lurker and wanted to get some  advice on what card I should get or target. I currently have a capital one platinum $3.5k CL and Quicksilver one $1.3k CL, Amex Gold card, and a NFCU Cash Rewards $7.5k CL. Scores are all around 698 and I'm going to be traveling soon! I have about 100k in amex points if that helps. I'm trying to get away from capital one, hence I got my NFCU to replace my Quicksilver. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need help on what card I should get!

Run the site awardhacker.com will give an idea of airline miles. If you can use the chase travel partners that is a good travel card to get into

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Cap One Savor One
Message 2 of 3
1LostArk
Regular Contributor

Re: Need help on what card I should get!

Think about your spending and lifestyle and what type of rewards you want to prioritize (cash back, travel points), then look at the cards you have and see where they fall short. I would look at Chase Amazon Visa, which is a rare card with no AF, no FTF, and valuable / easy to redeem rewards. It helps build some good history with Chase and maybe get a Sapphire eventually. Only downside is it's not a travel card per se (low rewards earnings on travel). If you have a relationship with Bank of America, you might look at the Travel Rewards card, no AF, no FTF, and a decent sign up bonus, but you'd want to upgrade this to something else that suits your strategy after you establish your relationship with BofA. Might want to open a checking account make a direct deposit first instead of going straight for a CC. Lastly, don't blow your MR points just because you're traveling soon. You may decide you want to stockpile them for an aspirational redemption (1st class flights etc). MR points are the most valuable points but also the easiest to squander. 

Business Cards:
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.