Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help/tips. Orchard secured card

tag
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Need help/tips. Orchard secured card

Filed BK in 11/2004, released 3/2005.

My first rebuild card was in 11/07 for an Orchard Bank secured card. I only put $200.00 in. I just paid it off and want some help/suggestions of how to close this and get an unsecured one from them. My AF on this is $39.00 I think.

Anyway..I have grown since this and want to get rid of the secured card.

My current cards are:

Orchard secured  $200

Cap One              $750 (due for CLI)

JC Penny's          $550

Old Navy              $450 (due for CLI)

Gap                     $450 (due for CLI)

PayPal                $300

WalMart Discover $2K  (due to CLI?)

So, what should I do to benefit the most? I really would prefer to convert the secured to unsecured, but have been told byCS they do not do that.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need help/tips. Orchard secured card

Wow, GE likes you. I would ask for the CLI on the cards you think it's time for and if you get $200 worth of CLI, close the HSBC. Since GE loves you so much, maybe a sams discover, Ebay Mastercard? they would probably be higher limits then another HSBC unsecured.
Message 2 of 3
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help/tips. Orchard secured card

@Creditaddict wrote:
Wow, GE likes you. I would ask for the CLI on the cards you think it's time for and if you get $200 worth of CLI, close the HSBC. Since GE loves you so much, maybe a sams discover, Ebay Mastercard? they would probably be higher limits then another HSBC unsecured.

Yea, GE has shown me lots of love this past year. What you say makes alot of sense. Thanks for the excellent advice!!

Mortgage first..( just need to find that perfect house!!) then I can work on this issue.  Smiley Happy

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.