Did you mean: 

Need help with using MR points for travel

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help with using MR points for travel

Here is a tool I like to use to check the award prices:

http://www.travelcodex.com/how-many-miles-award-chart-search/

Only BA has it for less than 25k points round trip which won't work for United. You're better off buying the ticket which will earn you points as well as miles with the airline.

Message 11 of 18
sponge_gto
New Contributor

Yes, lucky her. Use this link to register: https://rewards.americanexpress.com/olet/splash?campaignId=plpp0401&offerType=platinumprioritypass

The card might take about 2 weeks to arrive so hopefully you weren't counting on that for last minute trips. There is an app with a digital card but I'm not sure if you can get that activated without receiving stuff in the mail.

Amex: EDP, Platinum, SPG, Delta Gold; Chase: United no-AF, CSR, FU, IHG, Freedom; US Bank: Club Carlson Premier, Fidelity; Barclay: Rewards, SM; Discover: IT; Cap. One: Quicksilver; BoA: BBR; Consumers CU: Cash Rebates Siggy
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@plaidington
But for some of us, it's so worth it! We get thousands of MR! Some get to travel for free!
The Points Guy does most of the homework, we just read and learn! 😂🙌🏼
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jellybeangurl111  - OK say I wanted to give the awards points thing a whirl... would it be a good idea to start out with a hotel card or a card like EDP or PRG? Start nice and easy with sometthing that will not freak me out and make me run to the hills screaming?

Opinions?

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous  - OK say I wanted to give the awards points thing a whirl... would it be a good idea to start out with a hotel card or a card like EDP or PRG? Start nice and easy with sometthing that will not freak me out and make me run to the hills screaming?

Opinions?

EDP! HAHA! Easy and straight forward to use for MR. Once you go for the PRG it starts to be travel rewards. But that's also why we have websites such as The Points Guy and Flyer Talk! Smiley Very Happy Yay for discount/free travels!  

Message 16 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Gift cards are "Specifically excluded" but you can still purchase them for certain airlines.

there's a lot of info over on a website where FLYERs TALK.

Sky club access is given to plat card holders who are flyng delta.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also re: gift cards and Amex travel credits, you have to choose an airline on the amex site (first I believe). You can only get travel credited on that airline and it's in place for a calendar year. So if you choose United now, you could change it to something else next January, but not until then. (I've been successful with gift cards with AA and Alaska). 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.