cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need opinions on what I would qualify for...

tag
drewrico
New Contributor

Need opinions on what I would qualify for...

I'm looking to see if anybody has any suggestions on what kind of credit cards I would qualify for. 

Cards I have:

Best Buy instore credit card: $3000 CL (parent cosign)- oldest account, paid as agreed, high uti

Discover IT- $1200 CL, a couple days old, in my name only, like 5 bucks used on it. 

Discover More- $750 CL, opened in october or november, in my name only,  PIF every month

Cap 1 for Newcomers- $500 CL, opened same time as More, in my name only, PIF every month

I'm looking for a possible VISA or AMEX (probably wont qualify for anything amex). For some reason in the past month or so, the only creditor that would approve me is Discover.  No other creditor will approve me for some reason. DK

Just wanting to see if you guys have any suggestions on what I should apply for and hopefully get approved for... either it be walmart, amazon(hate amazon though), etc. possibly 1 more app until garden for at least a year.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
mirachi
Regular Contributor

Re: Need opinions on what I would qualify for...

What is your credit score/income?

Last app 5/7/2014

No apps until 3/31/2016!
Message 2 of 20
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

You didn't share what your credit looks like. I recommend establishing a relationship with a credit union. I'm very happy with DCU and they gave me my highest limit card, they pull Experian. How many inquiries do you have? GE cards will grow for you if you treat them right and they gave me credit with pretty low scores, they pull TU.

Message 3 of 20
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@drewrico wrote:

I'm looking for a possible VISA or AMEX (probably wont qualify for anything amex). For some reason in the past month or so, the only creditor that would approve me is Discover.  No other creditor will approve me for some reason. DK

How many cards did  you apply for in the "past month or so"?  Too many inqs might prevent success without some gardening.

Message 4 of 20
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

I really hate to apply for some card then cancel after a certain years.......

Apply for something that fit with your life style .

Not something that going to look cool on your credit profile.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 20
drewrico
New Contributor

When I got my IT card it said my experian fico is 639. 

I wasnt planning on cancelling after so many years btw...

and my income is 25,000 by myself. (should be more for the work i do compared to what im technically supposed to do :?)

Message 6 of 20
drewrico
New Contributor

what about amex green card or whatever charge cards?

Message 7 of 20
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@drewrico wrote:

When I got my IT card it said my experian fico is 639. 

I wasnt planning on cancelling after so many years btw...

and my income is 25,000 by myself. (should be more for the work i do compared to what im technically supposed to do :?)

If you are eligable to be a full member of USAA, I would get one of their cards. If not, I would go to DCU; they have approved smaller scores and they should be generous with the limit.

Alternatively, the GE store cards also approve lower scores than yours, and they grow with you. Unfortunately, you might get started out fairly low. But when they give you CLIs every 4 months, it goes up quick. I'd go for sam's Club or Wal-Mart since they can result in aan offer for the discover version later.

Message 8 of 20
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

My Experian fico is 639 too but my TU and EQ ficos are 718 and 703 so you may want to order score watch to find out your other scores. I just got approved for the Chase Freedom but had to do a recon.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 9 of 20
chnceit
Valued Contributor

How about a Chase Freedom?

Have you tried this Chase card finder?

https://ccsic.fni-stl.com/redes/index.php/chase_app/psonChase.pl?jp_ltg=leftnav

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.