cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice about NFCU credit card increase limit chances?

tag
Jelisa87

Need some advice about NFCU credit card increase limit chances?

about 6 months ago I got my credit limit increase by the bank to $2,500 and if I apply for increase CL this time for maybe to $3,500-$4,500. Will I see any chances to get approve ? I dont want to get any more hard pull since I just bought a new car last month I'm already using 70% of card but this is for something really emengery that i need to take care of. Thank you in advance 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Need some advice about NFCU credit card increase limit chances?

@Jelisa87 wrote:

about 6 months ago I got my credit limit increase by the bank to $2,500 and if I apply for increase CL this time for maybe to $3,500-$4,500. Will I see any chances to get approve ? I dont want to get any more hard pull since I just bought a new car last month I'm already using 70% of card but this is for something really emengery that i need to take care of. Thank you in advance 

Welcome to the forum

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum..... Without going Into a tonof details.... But there is a huge thread by "Creditaddict", on official NFCU CLI. Go back to the credit card board, and at the top... You'll see the official thread for it. It's long, but totally worth the read!!! It has all the information and more that you'll need. Maybe Creditaddict will also chime in here tooSmiley Happy seriously though.... Go read it so you can become familiar with how NFCU works!!! Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 14
Jelisa87

Thank you Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Btw.... I read it in one sitting. It has grown, but I encourage you to read it literally from the start first post. I'm obsessed now, ANC I go back and reread that thread all the time to keep me in the garden till its time for me to ask!! Smiley Wink lol!!!
Message 5 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Jelisa87 wrote:

I would go ahead and go online and request an increase (just do it during business hours) if you get a 3-5 day message, just simply call up and ask them to "withdraw your CLI request" and they will and no hp will be done.

BUT since you are going to do a CLI go ahead and ask for the full amount Navy allows if you are elligible for sp cli $25k! next screen will pop back a counter offer up to the max you can get... you might be surprised just HOW high they go above that $3500 you are hoping for!!

Message 6 of 14
Jelisa87

I got increased cl to 75k within 2 mins , just wow !! Thanks

Message 7 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Jelisa87 wrote:

I got increased cl to 75k within 2 mins , just wow !! Thanks

$7500? Was that counter?

Message 8 of 14
Jelisa87

on the phone and i only ask for 35k but they give me that I'm qualify for 75k and immediately added to to my card , 

Message 9 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jelisa87 wrote:

on the phone and i only ask for 35k but they give me that I'm qualify for 75k and immediately added to to my card , 

I think Creditaddict fell off his seat seeing that huge CLI$.  Maybe he bumped his head and is letting the ice reduce the swelling...LOL.  Although NFCU is known for their generous CLIs, I find it interesting that the card went from a mere $2,500 to $75,000 in a snap.... or, OP, did you mean...$7,500?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.