Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some gameplan advice for paying down my debt

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Need some gameplan advice for paying down my debt

Not sure how to respond to that. Im not looking for new credit at all. Yea I made a few poor decisions but its what I wanted and I feel as if I work hard everyday for my money and as long as im not defaulting on my agreements I can splurge on me every now and then. Ive curbed my spending and this year will be focused on repaying my debt.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 31 of 91
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@stormb28 wrote:
Your spending is out of control. Period. Youre worried about AA and youre buying impulse tickets to football games and gaudy car audio toys? Now, youre seeking a BT card to cover your reckless behavior. You are "scared" of the market, which is a long term investment vehicle, but you spend $1, 000s on "stuff"?

I obsess over $10 debt, yes, im that guy. I wouldnt be able to sleep if I were you. If its not a car, home, school, or medical debt I couldnt fathom carrying the debt you do.

Sorry to be so blunt, but you need to buckle down and take a long look in the mirror and curb your spending and decipher the difference between a need and a want.

Wow! I thought this forum was to help and give advice. Your 'bluntness' and your opinion does neither. 

Message 32 of 91
stormb28
New Contributor

09Lexie,

I apologized if my bluntness was over the top. But he posted on a public forum, I offered my opinion or advice if you will. He solicited public opinion, he got it, good, bad, and ugly.

Sure, I could give him warm, fuzzy answers and tell him everything is going great. Hes not "treating" or "splurging" on himself in a responsible manner, hes accrued $18k in cc debt. He explicitly stated, if he had to pay cash for that football excursion, he would NOT have attended. What type of message does that convey?

Sometimes the truth hurts, with that said, I wish him the best, my advice? Stop spending.
Message 33 of 91
VWTUNER
Contributor

This is why this generation is so messed up. They get butt hurt. Kids are being shellter. Entitlement. List goes on and on.
current cards
WM store
Cap1 platinum
WF secured
Amazon Chase Smiley Happy
Gardening since 12/20/2012
Message 34 of 91
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Who said I was butthurt? I asked for advice people responded. I dont have any reason to be mad, I know what I have to do and thats that. Im not entitled to anything thats why I go to work every week and get a paycheck. I dont need to be "sheltered" im a grown man who can take his lumps. The only real account that may be an issue for a little bit is my CU account all others are payed as agreed and on 0% terms. How is it that bad of me for using my cards? Ive never missed a payment always paid more than the minimum and have been responsible with usage for the most part. Past few months I did go a little overboard but its nothing I cant fix.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 35 of 91
myjourney
Super Contributor

Lumps are one thing.....dumps are another

Support is what this forum is about and LS you have mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plan your actions and execute them

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 36 of 91
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@myjourney wrote:

Lumps are one thing.....dumps are another

Support is what this forum is about and LS you have mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plan your actions and execute them

+1!

Message 37 of 91
Nocturnal
Contributor

If it's one thing I've noticed being apart of this forum is that it's not like most other forums.  Other forums people get ripped to shreds the moment you post something like this from almost every single poster sitting on on their royal throne.  I am glad that this forum seems to be really civil and upbeat for the most part.  I appreciate that.

TU FICO 2/14: 701
Message 38 of 91
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Nocturnal wrote:

If it's one thing I've noticed being apart of this forum is that it's not like most other forums.  Other forums people get ripped to shreds the moment you post something like this from almost every single poster sitting on on their royal throne.  I am glad that this forum seems to be really civil and upbeat for the most part.  I appreciate that.

I'm here because people care enough to help and share knowledge. I feel I owe what i've been given to return the favor IMOSmiley Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 39 of 91
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

I also just want to point out to anyone who is ready to comment on LS' "frivolous" spending that he has publicly acknowledged some mistakes multiple times, which takes a lot of guts. He is clearly looking into reversing the damage, and I don't think he needs any additional tough love. But, I do think there is a time and a place for it on this forum, and usually those types of posts get plenty of appropriate tough love.

Anyway, off my soap box.

LS - I think you are doing just fine with your existing debt repayment plan. It doesn't sound like you are going to have any problems affording it, it will just take time. Paying a little bit of interest to PSECU isn't the end of the world, but it should be avoided in the future. Avoiding any big interest charges from the 0% cards should be your focus. And of course, that will mean cutting any and all outside spending, which will be the toughest part.

Good luck.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 40 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.