Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need third credit card for AZEO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need third credit card for AZEO

Hey everyone,

So my credit repair jorney is going great. I applied for Capital One and got approved for platinum with $300. Also got a Disco secured. My credit score saw a huge bump. Also opened a self lender account. My score went up by 70+ by opening these 3 account since I had 0 open accounts. 

Now, I want to try AZEO to give me that extra one time boost. I am looking for a third credit card but not sure which one I should go for. I received a mail, that I was pre-approved for Credit One, but after reading all the reviews here, I am gonna pass on that offer. 

What other cards would you recommend that's easy to get approved for?

Fico 8 (EX) - 634, TU 609, EQ - 614

3 open collections, 2 paid charge-offs

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need third credit card for AZEO

Secured Citi, or maybe a secured cc from a CU.  NFCU for sure if you have a way in through some military affliation.

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to get into NCFU but no luck so far. 

I really don't want to go secured route anymore. How long do I have to wait to apply for capone again? It has been like 5 months since I got my last card. I have seen many times that Capone easily approved for QS after your 6 months are up.

Message 3 of 25
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Do you travel at all?  American Express Delta SkyMiles Gold is sometimes approved around your Experian FICO 08 score, but admittedly it's iffy.  Might not hurt to check the American Express prequalification page.  Just keep in mind that charge cards (Green, Gold, Platinum) will not count as a revolver with AZEO.

Great job with your building, by the way, and good for passing on the Credit One.  With patience, you should be able to choose the cards that work best for you rather than taking whatever you can get approved for.

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

the thing hurting the most is the bad marks on your report, if you can get them removed start by removing them with the most recent one first. dispute them, or try to make a pay for delete arrangement with the creditors.

if you can't do that, you have to wait it out. so look at how many months old the most recent bad mark is.

youll get a big score boost each time when the most recent baddie becomes: 6 months old, 1yr old, 2yrs old, and then finally 7 years old when it drops off completely.

you didn't say when you applied for all of your cards/loans, that's important to know for anyone to give you good advice. need to know how old your credit history is, and how many hard-pulls that you've made within the past 6 months, etc.

because 3 hard pulls (in a 6 mo. timeframe) = you'll lose 45 points on your fico8 score.

they hit harder with each one you do. the first pull costs you 10pts, but the 3rd pull costs you 20pts.

if you can get another secured card with only a soft pull it might help you by a small amount. if a HP is required it's probably not worth it?

either way, wait 7 months, and see if you have any good prequal offers by then.

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

My advice is to wait until the 3rd credit card is one you'll really use and use for a long time.  That may require your CO/Disc cards to age/grow a bit first.  "3 cards for AZEO" is way overrated on this forum.  You're fine for now with just 2 cards and reporting a balance on 1 of the 2.  The single-digit number of points you may be missing out on for not having a 3rd card currently isn't worth bringing on another meh card when 6 months from now you could probably position yourself such that you could get almost any card you want.

Message 6 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

the thing hurting the most is the bad marks on your report, if you can get them removed start by removing them with the most recent one first. dispute them, or try to make a pay for delete arrangement with the creditors.

if you can't do that, you have to wait it out. so look at how many months old the most recent bad mark is.

youll get a big score boost each time when the most recent baddie becomes: 6 months old, 1yr old, 2yrs old, and then finally 7 years old when it drops off completely.

you didn't say when you applied for all of your cards/loans, that's important to know for anyone to give you good advice. need to know how old your credit history is, and how many hard-pulls that you've made within the past 6 months, etc.

because 3 hard pulls (in a 6 mo. timeframe) = you'll lose 45 points on your fico8 score.

they hit harder with each one you do. the first pull costs you 10pts, but the 3rd pull costs you 20pts.

if you can get another secured card with only a soft pull it might help you by a small amount. if a HP is required it's probably not worth it?

either way, wait 7 months, and see if you have any good prequal offers by then.

@Anonymousthe bolded statement is not entirely accurate.  While HPs can impact someone's scores and/or profile to a certain extent, let's not cite absolutes that do not have the same effect for every profile.  A thinner or younger profile may see more of an impact than one that is considerably aged or thicker.

Message 7 of 25
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My advice is to wait until the 3rd credit card is one you'll really use and use for a long time. 

+ 100

That may require your CO/Disc cards to age/grow a bit first.

3 cards for AZEO is way overrated on this forum. 

Yes my daughter only has 2 cards and is sitting at 830 Fico's

You're fine for now with just 2 cards and reporting a balance on 1 of the 2.  The single-digit number of points you may be missing out on for not having a 3rd card currently isn't worth bringing on another meh card when 6 months from now you could probably position yourself such that you could get almost any card you want.

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

those lost points i mentioned aren't affected by profile age. old or new you lose the exact same amount of points for this. some things are affected by age but this isn't. got that information directly from fico.

Message 9 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

those lost points i mentioned aren't affected by profile age. old or new you lose the exact same amount of points for this. some things are affected by age but this isn't. got that information directly from fico.

Can you provide a link to the info?  IME, having 3 HPs on a single CRA, whether spread or in a single shot in a 24 hour period did not result in such an extreme impact scoring-wise (all things considered) + the applicable FICO version.

From an educational standpoint, some relevant information is also provided here, specific to the section "How much will credit inquiries affect my score?" > https://www.myfico.com/credit-education/credit-reports/credit-checks-and-inquiries

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.