cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing advice ! 2 secured and 1 unsecured where should I go from here?

tag
newnew2015
New Contributor

Needing advice ! 2 secured and 1 unsecured where should I go from here?

So I started rebuilding my credit in 2012 after it took a plummit in undergrad. I was doing pretty good. Started with a Cap 1 secured card offer which i took for the bare minimum and then applied for an unsecured cap 1 platinum and received with $500.00 limit about a month after. I was fine up until about month 5 I got ill and fell behind on bills. After acquired a few medical bills in dispute and collections. Im now rebuilding again! I know I will be successful this time. I am on the right path. I got a secured bank card in May for WF for $300.00. I use it and pay it off multiple times a month. With the Cap 1 secured I also pay it off monthly and the unsecured cap 1 platinum was just upgraded to a QS1 this week. I also clicked the CLI button online and received a $100.00 CLI my first CLI on any card ever! My questions to you credit guru gods is what I should do now??? No more opening new cards for a while now should I pay the 2 secured cards off and let them sit and not use and only use my QS1 card? Or would it be of greater benefit to use all three sparingly and pay all three off in full monthly ?? Or should I just not use any of them and keep all at 0 balance ??

I'm extremly excited and grateful for the recent advantages Cap 1 has given me. I know its not much based off of some of these acheivements on the forum lol but it literally means the world to me. I want to keep the positive flows with my creding rolling. <3 My current score is currently 568. HELP ME !!!  My current goal is at least a higer 600's How should I go about acheiving ?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: Needing advice ! 2 secured and 1 unsecured where should I go from here?

Hello and Welcome to the Boards!

I would hold off on apping for new credit. I would take a gander over to the rebuilding forum and find the best ways to clean up you CR so that your CS will go up. I can't speak from experience, but I have read of at least one member who had a WF secured graduated after good use/payment. I'm not sure what else you can do, but maybe some of the 'gurus' can. 

Good luck!

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.