cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Changes To Citi Prestige Trip Delay Insurance.

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Negative Changes To Citi Prestige Trip Delay Insurance.

UNWG,

Super premium cards seemingly don't go for long without some sort of changes, but Prestige has been especially volatile.

Your hypothetical favorite features, the 1.6 AA and AC access, only date back to a card overhaul around the summer of 2014. Before that, it had some sort of extra points for physical distance flown, and I think a companion certificate and discounts on Spirit.

So if they keep it around...and I don't know that they will...it may well end up a very different product than it is now.

Of course, Citi would have to decide to start seriously competing again for non-AA-loyalist travelers.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Citi keeps slowly eroding the Prestige's benefits I'm just going to drop all of my cards with them. 

Their attitude behind their ThankYou cards has been so stupid lately. Grow your portfolio and compete, or just throw in the towel already. 

Message 12 of 30
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

If Citi keeps slowly eroding the Prestige's benefits I'm just going to drop all of my cards with them. 

Their attitude behind their ThankYou cards has been so stupid lately. Grow your portfolio and compete, or just throw in the towel already. 

Their AA Exec card is one of the best cards out there because AUs get access to AA lounge which helps w/ the AF.  I love the terms"Shared Cost" and "Opportunity Cost".......

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may be one of the few but I still love my Prestige.  Has saved me thousands of dollars in hotel rooms the last few years. Combine that with the travel credit that I use for gift cards and the card is well worth it to me.  Went big in January for my X0th birthday and stayed in the Presidential Suite at the Hyatt Zilara Cancun and the 4th night free savings was $970.  While that may be at the high end of hotel costs, I’ve used it plenty for rooms in the $300-500/night range and small changes like this one mean very little to me.  Sure I miss the golf credit but have the Executive card as well so the loss of Admiral Club access didn’t affect me.  I think these changes are reflective that this card is geared to those making heavy use of the 4th night free which, even with the changes to average night credit, has to cost Citi a lot.

Message 14 of 30
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I may be one of the few but I still love my Prestige.  Has saved me thousands of dollars in hotel rooms the last few years. Combine that with the travel credit that I use for gift cards and the card is well worth it to me.  Went big in January for my X0th birthday and stayed in the Presidential Suite at the Hyatt Zilara Cancun and the 4th night free savings was $970.  While that may be at the high end of hotel costs, I’ve used it plenty for rooms in the $300-500/night range and small changes like this one mean very little to me.  Sure I miss the golf credit but have the Executive card as well so the loss of Admiral Club access didn’t affect me.  I think these changes are reflective that this card is geared to those making heavy use of the 4th night free which, even with the changes to average night credit, has to cost Citi a lot.

Did the Hyatt include armed guards at the Hotal and tank support to get around Cancun?  

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpatwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Did the Hyatt include armed guards at the Hotal and tank support to get around Cancun?  

Heh.

Very safe area and the Zilara was fantastic.  Certainly the cost was very high but all their rooms are expensive and it is certainly at the high end of all inclusive resorts. Had a great time there 00274787-DA5D-440A-B15D-4E5894C811C2.jpegBE638BEA-E954-4437-9BF1-04591F3114C5.jpeg

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpatwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

You forgot air support Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 30
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@redpatwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Heh.

Very safe area and the Zilara was fantastic.  Certainly the cost was very high but all their rooms are expensive and it is certainly at the high end of all inclusive resorts. Had a great time there 00274787-DA5D-440A-B15D-4E5894C811C2.jpegBE638BEA-E954-4437-9BF1-04591F3114C5.jpeg

Awesome pictures Irish.  I guess to toughest part is getting to the Resort from the Airport, lol!  

Message 18 of 30
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I Agree 100%. 

Message 19 of 30
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

I  personally receive a lot of love from Citibank. 

7DC9A304-90B9-47B1-BD74-5B3DB53C09AC.pngDDD82D08-BFFD-4C3E-898B-88C18BB1BD58.png

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.