Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative balance @ statement date

tag
_NERD
Established Contributor

Negative balance @ statement date

We ended up with a -$27 bakance yesterday on the statement date. It was an accident; we meant to have $1 reporting on that particular TL. We are in the process of buying a house right now, and we are concerned.

Will our FICO 8 & trifecta scores be negatively affected?

3B profile optimization in progress...
6 REPLIES 6
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

Re: Negative balance @ statement date

It will just report a 0 Balance

Bk Chp. 7 Discharged 04/13/2018
Date of filing: 01/11/2018
Message 2 of 7
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I have a -400 balance on my Capital One secured card from when I closed it a few weeks back. Just reports as 0.
Message 3 of 7
delaney1
Established Contributor

It will report as zero, but If all of your cards are reporting zero for the month it will probably lower your scores some.

Message 4 of 7
Aahz
Established Contributor

Don't mean to offend, but with sub-650 scores having $0 report instead of $2 reporting isn't likely to make a bit of difference.  It looks like you have much bigger fish to fry.

Message 5 of 7
Chris679
Established Contributor

@Aahz wrote:

Don't mean to offend, but with sub-650 scores having $0 report instead of $2 reporting isn't likely to make a bit of difference.  It looks like you have much bigger fish to fry.

Did you miss the part where OP is buying a house?  Trying to maximize every point is a smart move and leaving zero balance on all cards is not ideal. 

Message 6 of 7
_NERD
Established Contributor

Not concerned with FICO 8 at the moment. For trifecta scoring, this account is DW's only account in her name. She's an AU on 3 of my accounts. Would leaving a $1 balance on one of those accounts make a difference?

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.