Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nervous about using PayPal Credit after this

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nervous about using PayPal Credit after this

I just Google'd PayPal Credit and this website came up on the first page. There is an average rating of 1 STAR for PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later)!?!

I have not used mine yet and now I am very hesitant to, the numerous reviews are atrocious! I know people are quick to post negative reviews and not so quick to post positive ones, so can anyone on here counteract this negativity? Or can it actually be that bad?

Here's the link:

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/credit_cards/bill_me_later.html

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nervous about using PayPal Credit after this

It's not a bad account to have...It's more paying attention to the terms...If you're going to use it, I say use it only when your purchase falls under the promotional offers...The big headache comes when you use it for other purchases, that charges interest and when you pay, your payments go to that non-promo balance first before anything applies to your promo balance. This here is where I think people get into a tizzy. I had to learn the hard way and just commented on it, my DH has one and I used it for plan tickets last year under the promo but he used it for other stuff and then our payments (huge might I add) never touched the promo purchases and we paid interest in the end. Unless you're doing a PIF you will get hit with interest at some point IMO

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

On second thought, I don't think that site is credible at all. I just searched Wells Fargo (who I've banked with for years and love, and I know they are reputable) Capital One (same excellent experience) and Amex (no relationship with them but I know they're a prime company) and all three of them are rated 1 star as well. Ridiculous.

I'll just be sure to know the terms and PIF early when I do decide to use PPC.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had Paypal Credit for a little over 1.5 years and I love it. I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love my paypal credit. Want something? eBay all day!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I first used Pay Pal it was a pop up on the Drugstore.com purchase. Back then it was Bill Me Later. I thought it was pretty cool, easy and convenient. I was not happy with the HP on the credit report that showed up later. They did not ask for much info, so I was surprised when the HP showed up. Anyway, it had been a convenient neat way to pay. Always watch your statements to make sure you are still in your promo window, so you do not pay interest. Keep an eye on your statements and you will be fine. There was some hiccups when they converted from Bill Me Later to Pay Pal credit, but they worked it out. I think I have had this around 4 years or so. Good TL that is hidden. I did have a problem with a purchase on Drugstore.com the other day. The order went through, got the confirmation etc... Hours later Drugstore emails me there is a problem. Called them back and Paypal Credit. Never got a straight answer from either company as to why the order would not got through on the Paypal credit. Finally ended up using a credit card. Then days later an email from Pay pal saying some kind of change I did during the order process triggered their system to not process the order after all. On my end everything was the same, I made no changes, everything kind of retains there, since I use PP for the drugstore.com purchases regularly.  So, now I am hesitant to use this again, for fear of another problem with an order or vendor payment.

Message 6 of 11
jim44
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just Google'd PayPal Credit and this website came up on the first page. There is an average rating of 1 STAR for PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later)!?!

I have not used mine yet and now I am very hesitant to, the numerous reviews are atrocious! I know people are quick to post negative reviews and not so quick to post positive ones, so can anyone on here counteract this negativity? Or can it actually be that bad?

Here's the link:

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/credit_cards/bill_me_later.html

Don't worry OP, some people just like to complain and emblesh when they know they caused their own problems.  These complainers most likely never read the terms and conditions before they applied for store cards that offer no interest and/or payment promotions!!!!   I've had BML /Paypal Credit since 2004, it survived my CH7 and I've had  steady and genereous (auto) CLI's. The only complaint I have is that PP Credit doesn't report to any CBs!!!  Whenever I take advantage of their promotions, they email me the terms and condtions of the promotion. These EMAILS warn about paying accured interest and how to AVOID it.  

Message 7 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Never had any problems with my PP credit . I usually use it 4 small stuff on ebay . I hate seeing those sites with all those complaints , can really scare you off, but then when you realize 1) how old some of the complaints are and 2) who exactly is making complaints you read between the lines to see if they are probably a small % of truth. If i find the card can suit my needs i decide to go for it . Best of luck.Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 11
sreneesa
Frequent Contributor

I have no problems with my paypal credit account...I like it.

Message 9 of 11
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Consumer Affairs is where people go to piss and moan. Using that for a well- rounded review is like going to Amazon only using 2 stars and under as the search criteria. Any bad reviews about credit is because people don't read their terms. They probably did the 6 months no interest and didn't pay if off so the 25% interest has been accruing for 6 months. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.