Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net income

tag
Jesi
New Contributor

Net income

So I got quite a few CLI on my Synchrony cards this morning via Credit Solutions. I shockingly got the same representative twice today a couple hours apart. She seemed slightly annoyed the first time and the second time she was blunt and said, "And this is YOUR annual net income?" I said, "Yes." She then goes "Ok because it says here you're a homemaker so I'm just making sure, anyway..." Um...ok? I've always just gone by the household income. Obviously that's why they put Homemaker on there so it doesn't just look like we are unemployed bums. I figured that's why it was an option. So we're not supposed to be putting the household income? I find that odd because it says you can include alimony, child support, etc. I don't receive any of that but a lot of people do. I just was very shocked by her saying that and wasn't sure what to say. Am I breaking rules here or something? She's given me every credit limit increase I've asked for so I can't complain too much but she was kind of rude.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Net income

The CFPB changes in 2013 allow for household income given some requirements.

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-us/newsroom/the-cfpb-amends-card-act-rule-to-make-it-easier-for...

Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I say you are just fine and she was out of line if anything!

Message 3 of 5
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I agree with CA, normally they just care about money you reasonably have access to Smiley Happy! Trust me, synchrony has always asked me twice about my income...
Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

You're not doing anyting wrong. That was just more on the agent in their reaction.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.