cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never knew Capitolone Venture card was so awesome...

tag
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: Never knew Capitolone Venture card was so awesome...

That's true! I'm also not apping for it now either. I might app around October, in anticipation of Amex placing a hard limit on my PRG... Does the Arrival + send you a check for the bonus or no?
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 21 of 50
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Im looking at the Arrival +, Venture and a Marriot Premier. I'm hoping to get at least 2 of them by October. Basically, either the Venture or Arrival and the Marriot by October of this year.
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Message 22 of 50
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:
Well, that makes sense...I've already added the arrival to my future along plans, I guess I'll just keep theQS and app for the Venture card, get the sign up bonus then cancel it.

I would lay low and not app for a card and then cancel it after your amex fiasco tbh

Just keep an spreadsheet or set up reminder on your google calender , ICAL , or whatever calender you want to use. Set reminder to cancel in 10 months or so , that would look an lot better then getting signup bonus and cancelling right away imo. 

Normally I would agree but with that FR hitting him I wouldn't bothor canceling it that soon either 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 23 of 50
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:
That's true! I'm also not apping for it now either. I might app around October, in anticipation of Amex placing a hard limit on my PRG... Does the Arrival + send you a check for the bonus or no?

Nope...since it is for travel related charges you kind of wipe off the charges Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 50
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:
I see... I guess I'll just stick with my quicksilver then. I now kind of regret PCing my Quicksilver to a VentureOne card.

Also, why won't you do it Mongstradamus?

You gave up your 1.5% no AF card for a 1.25% no AF card?

Message 25 of 50
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Well, depending on the kind of hard limit they put on my PRG, I might just put my next trip in an Arrival +, if I get approved lol.

Also, I PC'd my QuickSilver to a VentureOne card and my Platinum to a Quicksilver.

Message 26 of 50
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

I'm not saying I regret it because the VentureOne card now has a 7k limit while the QuickSilver is still stuck on 1.5k. It was a 1k limit ever since high school lol and then they increased it about 6 to 7 months ago. Now they refuse to reduce my apr or increase my cl, or I refuse to use it.

Message 27 of 50
IWOL
Established Contributor

I have both the Venture and Arrival, mostly got the Venture for the sign up bonus and the higher limit.

I cant see any advantages that the Venture has over the Arrival, if your considering one or the other.

Besided the Arrival giving a 10% bonus on points which makes it 2.2%, it has the rewards boost portal for online shopping which can earn you alot of extra points if you shop online plus it offers a travel blog where you can write short travel stories to earn additional points.

For those concerned about the Arrival annual fee of $89, you can write 52 stories over the year which would be one per week to cover the annual fee. It takes about 5 minutes to post a story and a picture. I know not everyone wants to be bothered by this but I think its great that they offer an easy way to offset the AF.

Message 28 of 50
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

I have both the Venture and Arrival, mostly got the Venture for the sign up bonus and the higher limit.

I cant see any advantages that the Venture has over the Arrival, if your considering one or the other.

Besided the Arrival giving a 10% bonus on points which makes it 2.2%, it has the rewards boost portal for online shopping which can earn you alot of extra points if you shop online plus it offers a travel blog where you can write short travel stories to earn additional points.

For those concerned about the Arrival annual fee of $89, you can write 52 stories over the year which would be one per week to cover the annual fee. It takes about 5 minutes to post a story and a picture. I know not everyone wants to be bothered by this but I think its great that they offer an easy way to offset the AF.

+1

if I would just not be so lazy ..lol

Message 29 of 50
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:
Triple Pull no likey lol Its not bad if you don't care about that aspect of the card. Also if you don't travel internationally an lot , isn't fidelity amex just as good with no AF ?

+1 The triple pull sucks, but that is a minor issue. I have the Venture card and I liked it for getting started. However, you only derive the max benefit by redeeming on travel purchases (travel is fairly broad though). A big problem I have with the venture is you need to have the points to cover the full purchase. You can't partially redeem which to me is the biggest drawback. The CSP comes out ahead if you are redeeming with chase travel partners, especially if your dealing with premium travel (ie, first/business class etc). The barclay card is better than the venture card although they are fairly similiar. The fidelity amex is just a cash back card. The cap 1 is a visa signature card which has a lot of nice benefits. Plus I can avoid ftf with venture card. Points post real fast with venture card, takes a bit longer with chase and I don't know how quick barclays is. Even if someone has the CSP I think its important to have a venture or barclays or maybe fidelity type card for misc travel expenses (good example is rental cars, trip taxes, etc).

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.