Re: AmEx Hilton Honors CLI

Sure do! Haha ;-)

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 71 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Never saw this Amex credit line increase button and response before

So I have 2 Amex cards (Blue Cash & Everyday card). On July 4th, I got the "you've been pre-selected to get a higher credit limit" email for the Blue Cash card, so I went ahead and applied for 3x and got approved. I logged into my Amex accont this morning and I saw that option Increase Your Credit Limit button on the Blue Cash card but I didn't see it on the Everyday card. My everyday card is still at the original limit of $3k CL. 

I went ahead and hit the button and got to the financial income screen and submitted for 3x and got an immediate approval to 9k as it was 3k before. So looks like that message can appear before 6 months. I never was really using my Amex as it was one of the lower CL's I have.

Message 72 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have 2 Amex cards (Blue Cash & Everyday card). On July 4th, I got the "you've been pre-selected to get a higher credit limit" email for the Blue Cash card, so I went ahead and applied for 3x and got approved. I logged into my Amex accont this morning and I saw that option Increase Your Credit Limit button on the Blue Cash card but I didn't see it on the Everyday card. My everyday card is still at the original limit of $3k CL. 

I went ahead and hit the button and got to the financial income screen and submitted for 3x and got an immediate approval to 9k as it was 3k before. So looks like that message can appear before 6 months. I never was really using my Amex as it was one of the lower CL's I have.

Welcome to MyFICO

Congrats on the CLIs and thank you for sharing this information.  The reason why you were able to get the CLI on the ED card before the 6 month period is because the one you received on the Blue Cash card is considered an auto CLI.  Auto CLIs do not reset the timetable like ones you request manually do.

Message 73 of 81
drboxing
Established Contributor

I just my AMEX Delta Gold approx 1 month ago. Statement closed and saw that I was able to make my first payment. Now I'm seeing where I can request a credit limit increase. But I haven't had the card 2 months. Wondering if I'll get the CLI or should I wait 6 months to request it

Message 74 of 81
Gmood1
Super Contributor

It doesn't affect your chances for an approval at a later date if you try now. You can still try at 91, 181 or any time you want to.
Message 75 of 81
JustcallmeTM
Regular Contributor

Since this thread appeared I noticed it also, the last month I been playing around with it. My conclusion it shows up when you reach about 13-15% of your credit line and holding a balance, once you pay the balance off it will go away. 

The button does not mean you will get an increase, unless people want to give datapoints and want to smash the button to keep testing out and get more data on it. I know I'm past my 181 day mark so I know I'm due for a increase so my data is pointless. I rather those who are before there 60-90 and 180 to test it out since those are the people who are itching to get more data on it.

Rules are still 60-90-180 unless people want to test if those are still in place with the button showing.

Message 76 of 81
drboxing
Established Contributor

Makes a lot of sense

Message 77 of 81
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Received my BCE in February 2017 and have a high revolving balance because I'm taking advantage of the 0% APR offer. My BCE CL is $21K with a reporting balance of $12K.

Pushed the button, filled out the form and asked for an $8K increase to $29K. Got the 7 to 10 day message.

Will report back with results...

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 78 of 81
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

I just saw the "increase your limit" link today for the first time.  It made me wonder if I could jump the gun on my 61 day increase.  61 days is next week though, so I'll probably just wait.  I wanted to PIF prior to requesting the CLI anyway.

As far as data points, I'm currently 37.5% utilized and have been in the 30% range for about a week, but don't recall seeing the link when I signed in yesterday.  I'm not sure what pushed me over the edge to get the link.  A few $1.30 transactions (buying a soda on my break) posted today, and I spent about $6 on lunch today which is pending.  No idea why those small transactions would make the link appear, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't there yesterday.

Message 79 of 81
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I was just logging in to make sure that a payment went through on my SPG card and below Balance & Credit Details there was a big blue Increase Your Credit Limit button.  I have never seen this before and it doesn't show on my other revolvers.  I clicked on it just to see what would happen (I just got a $4500 CLI last week), and got the following message:

Our records indicate a request for a line of credit increase has already been submitted, and is currently being processed or that the line of credit on your account was increased within the last 30 days.  Your account is not eligible for a new request at this time.  Please call...

Has anyone else seen this?  When I clicked, it went straight to that message without asking me to fill in the usual "Increase Line of Credit to this amount:" and "Total Annual Income:" boxes. The 30 day language above has me puzzled.  Does this mean that if you're targeted for a CLI with this button that it bypasses the 180 day rule?  I know the usual policy hasn't changed because I tried for the CLI a few days early before getting one last week, and earlier this week I got the letter for that request in the mail that stated the 180 day policy. Screencaps below. (The button reversed to blue text on white when I clicked back.)

I posted this before on my newly minted SPG card.  I clicked and tested it for a $5,000 CLI.  It was instantly approved for a new card. Then i chatted with a service rep and she said it was a targeted offer.  The approval % is very high.

Message 80 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.