Did you mean: 

Never saw this Amex credit line increase button and response before

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: AmEx Hilton Honors CLI

@SarahJo wrote:

@SarahJo wrote:

I just hit the button, I noticed it yesterday.  I opened my BCE account 2 weeks ago.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.  I let a balance of $25 report on the statment and then paid it off.  I use CC's for everything for cash back because I PIF every month (save the Wayfair at 0% until 2018 utilization on that is 4%).  I've used the card the last 2 days for back to school, will PIF as usual.  I got the 7-10 day message, so I'll be sure to report back with the results just for the sake of the, er, um, "study."

I wanted to update for data purposes:  Received a letter today in respeonse to my CLI stating, "We're unable to approve your request for a credit limit increase at this time...Your account must be open for at least 60 days."  That was the only reason given.  Was worth a shot!

Well I guess that answers the question: the presence of the link is not an indication of anything.

I was wondering myself because I have 3 revolving accounts, and only 1 -- the business revolver -- has that link. Was wondering if it meant something. I guess it doesn't Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 81 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.