Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ally CashBack Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Ally CashBack Credit Card

I have checking, savings, and two car loans presently with Ally. I'll wait to see if I get a prequalified offer. Sorry, no GP for this, TD Bank has no love for me.

Message 21 of 31
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I have a money market with Ally. Been waiting for them to release a credit card forever just because I've always loved their customer service. 

The fact that it's issued by TD bank makes me less than excited. Plus, that balance transfer fee is steeeeeep. jussayin. 

Message 22 of 31
lokobo
Regular Contributor

GP? What's GP??

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lokobo wrote:
GP? What's GP??

It's a typo.  G is right next to H.

Message 24 of 31
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I have two accounts with Ally (savings and money market) and would love to have one of their credit products if it was even remotely competitive or at least offered something better than 2% in a category other than gas, but this is completely unremarkable in every way.  The only sliver of a silver lining (we're talking teeny tiny) is that if you have your cash back deposited into your Ally savings account that earns 1% APY, your 10% Ally Bonus is really like an 11% deposit bonus when you factor the extra 1%.

Message 25 of 31
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lokobo wrote:
GP? What's GP??

It's a typo.  G is right next to H.

I thought GP was being used as an acronym here for guinea pig.

Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information!
Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

One of my OCD tendencies is that after I establish a banking relationship, I open as many accounts as possible with that bank. In case there are ever any issues in the future, or if I ever want fees waived, accidentally screw something up, etc., I think it helps to show the depth of my relationship with the bank extends beyond a checking account.

So even though I agree with everybody that this is a truly awful card, I just applied. I also have truly useless cards from several credit unions I belong to, which I keep stashed away "just in case." One more positive tradeline with Ally won't hurt me.

But Ally says my application is "under review" rather than instantly approved. Interesting. Curious to hear if this is usual or if others are getting instant approvals.

Please let us know the outcome. Thanks!

Message 28 of 31
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah I'm interested to hear the outcome as well. I applied for the Air Canada card backed by TD last year and they said I had sufficient credit. Requesting a manual review got me the same result. If this was actually backed by Ally itself I might have tried for it.

GP=Guinea pig by the way
Message 29 of 31
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
So Ally Bank has a new card issued by TD Bank? That's like Chase coming out with a new card issued by Citi, odd. Anyhow the card is just meh and the fact it's from TD Bank seals the "I'll pass" deal.

They're not the first, TCF Bank, a small-ish regional bank headquarted in the Minneapolis area where I live with around 400 branches total, has a credit card that's issued by First Bankcard

https://www.tcfbank.com/Personal/Maximum-Rewards-Visa-Card

https://www.yourbankcard.com/dynapp/dynamic.app

Cards are issued by First Bankcard®, a division of First National Bank of Omaha.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.