Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Amex Cobrand Credits

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

New Amex Cobrand Credits

Looked at my Amex Offers this morning and looks like the new credits for 2021 that Amex was vague about in a recent press release are now available to opt into.

Looks like $20 back for $20+ on dining each month on both Delta Reserve and Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant, $15 back for $15+ on dining on SkyMiles Platinum, and $15 back for $15+ on wireless on SkyMiles Business Platinum.  That's an extra $715 back this year for me!

Also have 7500 bonus points for $7500 spend on Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant up to 10x which basically makes it earn as much as it did before the Marriott-SPG merger was complete.

These are not automatic credits - be sure to add them in Amex Offers!  Assuming all of the Hilton AF cards and Delta Gold SkyMiles card also have new credits.

Message 1 of 84
83 REPLIES 83
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: New Amex Cobrand Credits

Looks like I was scooped by DoC.  😂

• Hilton Aspire, Delta Reserve, Delta Platinum & Marriott Brilliant: $20 monthly credit
  • Hilton Surpass, Delta Gold: $10 monthly credit
  • No annual fee Hilton: $5 monthly credit

And the lower AF Marriott card also has $10 monthly credit according to the comments.

For wireless:

• Marriott Business: $15 monthly credit
  • Delta & Hilton Business: $10 monthly credit

(Although Delta Platinum I got $15 not $10 as did a commenter, so that is likely a DoC typo.)

Also looks like Hilton people are getting 10k points for each $5000 of spend up to 10x.

Message 2 of 84
TheCreditCount
Established Member

I just checked my Marriott Bonvoy Modern Art card (or whatever the conveyed SPG card is called) and it appears to have an offer for $10 back for $10+ on dining 

Edit: K-in-Boston beat me to it!

Message 3 of 84
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Looks like I was scooped by DoC.  😂

• Hilton Aspire, Delta Reserve, Delta Platinum & Marriott Brilliant: $20 monthly credit
  • Hilton Surpass, Delta Gold: $10 monthly credit
  • No annual fee Hilton: $5 monthly credit

And the lower AF Marriott card also has $10 monthly credit according to the comments.

For wireless:

• Marriott Business: $15 monthly credit
  • Delta & Hilton Business: $10 monthly credit

(Although Delta Platinum I got $15 not $10 as did a commenter, so that is likely a DoC typo.)

Also looks like Hilton people are getting 10k points for each $5000 of spend up to 10x.

I also got the $15 for Delta Platinum, so it's either the aforementioned typo or a YMMV situation. 

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 4 of 84
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Cool! 

Confirming that SkyMiles Gold got $10/mo at any restaurant, including takeout, for the rest of 2021. That's unusually broad, compared to Amex's recent standards for these types of things. And trivially easy to use. Completely offsets the $99 AF for this year, even if one misses a month. I *think* enrollment was automatic. (Edit: That last bit is wrong. Enrollment is not automatic. Sorry.)

Well done, Amex!

Message 5 of 84
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

I already added the $5 credit to my Amex Hilton Honors card (no annual fee version).  I was pleased to see the offer when I checked my Amex offers this morning.

This deal is similar to but in some ways more flexible and in other ways less flexible than the $50 total of Shop Small credits American Express provided on all/most of their cards back in summer 2020.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 6 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

$15 for Delta Plat as well. Can't confirm on the Hilton Surpass as I just checked off the final box on my current to-do list and picked it up last night. Not showing in my account yet.

Message 7 of 84
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:  I also got the $15 for Delta Platinum, so it's either the aforementioned typo or a YMMV situation. 

Typo. In his first post, he clearly stated $15 for Delta Platinum. I also got $15 for Delta Platinum (and $20 for Bonvoy Brilliant).

@K-in-Boston wrote: ...  on both Delta Reserve and Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant, $15 back for $15+ on dining on SkyMiles Platinum, and ...

Message 8 of 84
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Great news, thanks! Getting some extra value on my Aspire is helpful considering my favorite wine country Double Tree no longer counts as a resort, so probably won't be getting the resort $250 this year. Decent replacement with the dining credit. Now if the airline credit would work for United TravelBank again that would be sweet.

Message 9 of 84
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

$15 for Delta Plat as well. Can't confirm on the Hilton Surpass as I just checked off the final box on my current to-do list and picked it up last night. Not showing in my account yet.

I believe all of fine print for these offers state a date at some point in December or January that a cardmember needed to have the card in order to be eligible so sadly I don't think your Surpass will be eligible.

Message 10 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.