Did you mean: 

New Amex Cobrand Credits

tag
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

Re: New Amex Cobrand Credits

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Looks like I was scooped by DoC.  😂

• Hilton Aspire, Delta Reserve, Delta Platinum & Marriott Brilliant: $20 monthly credit
  • Hilton Surpass, Delta Gold: $10 monthly credit
  • No annual fee Hilton: $5 monthly credit

And the lower AF Marriott card also has $10 monthly credit according to the comments.

For wireless:

• Marriott Business: $15 monthly credit
  • Delta & Hilton Business: $10 monthly credit

(Although Delta Platinum I got $15 not $10 as did a commenter, so that is likely a DoC typo.)

Also looks like Hilton people are getting 10k points for each $5000 of spend up to 10x.

By my reckoning this makes my Hilton Aspire a 2.5% cashback card on general spend (5x, 0.5 cents per Hilton point) and the Brilliant a 2.1 cents per point card (3x, 0.7 cpp) as long as you hit the bonus exactly. YMMV at how you gauge earn rates- I don't value Marriott at 2-1 Hilton, 7-5 sounds about right to me, if you do I wish I could trade you some Marriott points for Hilton at 2-1 and have it be within program terms, but I can't. Smiley Wink 

The Brilliant also becomes a 4x/2.8% card on restaurants + airlines, 7x/4.9% on Marriott, and the Aspire becomes a 9x/4.5% card on restaurants/airlines/car rentals and 16x/8% on Hilton. (My Aspire is hooked up to Delta this year whilst I sample Gold Medallion for 2021, so $250 of that is going to be comped. Plus those restaurant visits later this year + takeout now.)

AMEX is making a strong play for my spend in 2021. Shame that they killed off the ability to use PayPal Key with AMEX.

ETA: Looks like between how I cashed out the airline credits and resort credit for Hilton Aspire + dining credit for 2020/2021, and the Marriott credit + dining credits this year AMEX is paying me to hold their premium cards through 2021. That's before the bucketloads of points + status I got, or the free room night certificates. Niiiice.

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 15k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Fredom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | AMEX Delta Gold 3k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 21 of 84
digitek
Established Contributor

Thanks for the heads up on this K, I probably would haven't caught this.

I had the $15 credit for wireless each month on my Delta Platinum Business, but not the dining credit. I tried NRB's trick to try and get it to show up, but no luck. I've added about 20 offers to the card and now only 90 available and new ones don't show up. I've noticed in the past that offers for the business cards are a little different than the personal ones, some overlap, but some do not.

Pretty cool offer though, really simple to use for an easy $180, but losing the cell phone coverage from using a different card that has it. I'm willing to take the risk!

Message 22 of 84
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@digitek wrote:

Thanks for the heads up on this K, I probably would haven't caught this. I had the $15 credit for wireless each month on my Delta Platinum Business, but not the dining credit. I tried NRB's trick to try and get it to show up, but no luck. I've added about 20 offers to the card and now only 90 available and new ones don't show up. I've noticed in the past that offers for the business cards are a little different than the personal ones, some overlap, but some do not.

Pretty cool offer though, really simple to use for an easy $180, but losing the cell phone coverage from using a different card that has it. I'm willing to take the risk!

The business cards get wireless only.  The personal cards get dining only.  I have both so my first post may have been confusing with the two SkyMiles Platinum cards.

Message 23 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

These offers of great. I'm using the hilton honors and if you value each point at 0.6 cents that means you are getting 3% on ALL purchases and over 4% on dining/take out, groceries, and gas through middle of 2021 as long as you can spend on average $1000/month through end of june. This makes my hilton honors the most powerful card in my wallet right now. 

Message 24 of 84
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

• Hilton Aspire, Delta Reserve, Delta Platinum & Marriott Brilliant: $20 monthly credit

And the lower AF Marriott card also has $10 monthly credit according to the comments.

For wireless:

(Although Delta Platinum I got $15 not $10 as did a commenter, so that is likely a DoC typo.)

Also looks like Hilton people are getting 10k points for each $5000 of spend up to 10x.

Wouldn't Wells Fargo Propel be considered a Co-Branded card? I don't see any offers on there for any credits though.

Potential Future Cards
Message 25 of 84
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

For wireless:

Wouldn't Wells Fargo Propel be considered a Co-Branded card? I don't see any offers on there for any credits though.

I would guess the recently announced Amex offer applies to American Express-issued cards rather than cards issued by another financial institution that are American Express branded.  Amex cards that are issued by a different financial institution are not shown on the American Express website but they ARE shown on the other financial institution's website.

I don't have the Wells Fargo Propel Amex card (yet; it is one of my top 2 targets in the coming months), but my understanding is that card and presumbly other American Express-branded but not issued cards do not receive all of the Amex Offers that are offered to American Express-issued cards.  I know from reading elsewhere the WF Propel was eligible for the Shop Small credits last summer, but to my knowledge that was a fairly rare exception to the rule.  I could be wrong about that though.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 26 of 84
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@FormerCollegeDJ wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

For wireless:

I would guess the recently announced Amex offer applies to American Express-issued cards rather than cards issued by another financial institution that are American Express branded.  Amex cards that are issued by a different financial institution are not shown on the American Express website but they ARE shown on the other financial institution's website.

I don't have the Wells Fargo Propel Amex card (yet; it is one of my top 2 targets in the coming months), but my understanding is that card and presumbly other American Express-branded but not issued cards do not receive all of the Amex Offers that are offered to American Express-issued cards.  I know from reading elsewhere the WF Propel was eligible for the Shop Small credits last summer, but to my knowledge that was a fairly rare exception to the rule.  I could be wrong about that though.

Yeah, I had that offer on there, and I was able to use it there and on the BCP.

Oh well, I guess this offer doesn't make it - can't win them all Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 27 of 84
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

The $5/mo dining credit along with the 10K/$5K spend offer gets my NAF Hilton out of the sock drawer, where it's been living for at least a year.

Message 28 of 84
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@FormerCollegeDJ wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

For wireless:

While cards issued by other lenders that run on the Amex payment network (WF Propel, NFCU More Rewards, DSNB Macy's, and many more) can be eligible for Amex Offers through their respective gateways, these offers are solely targeted to Amex-issued airline and hotel partner cards to encourage spending on these cards.

Message 29 of 84
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

FWIW, I received an official e-mail from Amex about the monthly dining credits through 12/31/21 and in my case the bonus Hilton Honors points for every $5000 in spend through 6/30/21 about 15 minutes ago (1:52 PM ET on Tuesday 2/2).

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 30 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.