Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Amex Cobrand Credits

tag
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Re: New Amex Cobrand Credits

@FormerCollegeDJ wrote:

FWIW, I received an official e-mail from Amex about the monthly dining credits through 12/31/21 and in my case the bonus Hilton Honors points for every $5000 in spend through 6/30/21 about 15 minutes ago (1:52 PM ET on Tuesday 2/2).

Ya, I just got an email a few minutes ago about this for my no AF HH card. It'll now get at least a $5 purchase every month to snag the $5 in credit. It's currently in the SD, so I'll have to remember to use it once a month on food.

Message 31 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Used Surpass at lunch today for $8.64, and then stopped for a coffee after work and used it again to go over the $10 threshold. I got an email within five minutes of paying that the reward had been put into effect, so to be clear, the reward is triggered by $10 total spend. It doesn't have to be in one purchase.

Message 32 of 84
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Used Surpass at lunch today for $8.64, and then stopped for a coffee after work and used it again to go over the $10 threshold. I got an email within five minutes of paying that the reward had been put into effect, so to be clear, the reward is triggered by $10 total spend. It doesn't have to be in one purchase.

Hmm, I have the Amex Hilton Honors no annual fee card that has a $5 monthly credit.  I went to say hi to yellow and red clothed clown for lunch today and get some spicy chicken nuggets and a few other items.  The cost was $5.18, I used the Amex card, and I did NOT receive an automated e-mail from American Express, even though I signed up for the monthly credit on Monday morning.  I usually though not always do get an automated Amex e-mail when I use one of the Amex Offers.

I'll keep an eye out to see if/when I get the $5 credit.  I figured my purchase would be a good test case if for whatever reasons certain types of restaurants don't qualify.  (I did not see anything in the offer terms that excluded fast food restaurants.)

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 33 of 84
Repairman
Established Contributor

@TheCreditCount wrote:

I just checked my Marriott Bonvoy Modern Art card (or whatever the conveyed SPG card is called) and it appears to have an offer for $10 back for $10+ on dining 

Edit: K-in-Boston beat me to it!

LOL. It's called the Marriott Bonvoy card. I have the same one.  Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 84
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@FormerCollegeDJ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm, I have the Amex Hilton Honors no annual fee card that has a $5 monthly credit.  I went to say hi to yellow and red clothed clown for lunch today and get some spicy chicken nuggets and a few other items.  The cost was $5.18, I used the Amex card, and I did NOT receive an automated e-mail from American Express, even though I signed up for the monthly credit on Monday morning.  I usually though not always do get an automated Amex e-mail when I use one of the Amex Offers.

I'll keep an eye out to see if/when I get the $5 credit.  I figured my purchase would be a good test case if for whatever reasons certain types of restaurants don't qualify.  (I did not see anything in the offer terms that excluded fast food restaurants.)

I hope it works, since I'll probably use mine for something cheap like that every month. I usually get notices almost immediately after completing an offer, but I did not get notices when doing the tap for $5+ and get $2 back.

Message 35 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used mine at Little Caesars at lunch and Dunkin' for the coffee and got the email so I would assume it's not going to have much in the way of limitations.

Message 36 of 84
Repairman
Established Contributor

@CreditBloke wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

$15 for Delta Plat as well. Can't confirm on the Hilton Surpass as I just checked off the final box on my current to-do list and picked it up last night. Not showing in my account yet.

I believe all of fine print for these offers state a date at some point in December or January that a cardmember needed to have the card in order to be eligible so sadly I don't think your Surpass will be eligible.

Hilton Honors (No AF) I am guessing you had to have it in December because I signed up and received my card in January 21, and it is not showing up on my account, which really sucks. 

You had to have been a cardholder as of Jan. 1, 2021.

Message 37 of 84
Repairman
Established Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Looks like I was scooped by DoC.  😂

• Hilton Aspire, Delta Reserve, Delta Platinum & Marriott Brilliant: $20 monthly credit
  • Hilton Surpass, Delta Gold: $10 monthly credit
  • No annual fee Hilton: $5 monthly credit

And the lower AF Marriott card also has $10 monthly credit according to the comments.

For wireless:

• Marriott Business: $15 monthly credit
  • Delta & Hilton Business: $10 monthly credit

(Although Delta Platinum I got $15 not $10 as did a commenter, so that is likely a DoC typo.)

Also looks like Hilton people are getting 10k points for each $5000 of spend up to 10x.

I woke up yesterday this story on my phone. Here are the complete details:

New co-branded Amex benefits

Earn up to $220 in dining statement credits

Eligible U.S. consumer card members can activate Amex Offers that allow you to earn up to $220 on dine-in or takeout orders at U.S. restaurants through December 31, 2021. Here are the credits by type of card:

Delta SkyMiles card members: 

• Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card: Up to $110 in dining statement credits ($10 back per month, up to 11 times).
  • Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express Card: Up to $165 in dining statement credits ($15 back per month, up to 11 times). 
  • Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express Card: Up to $220 in dining statement credits ($20 back per month, up to 11 times).

Hilton Honors card members:

• Hilton Honors American Express Card: Up to $55 in dining statement credits ($5 back per month, up to 11 times).
  • Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card: Up to $110 in dining statement credits ($10 back per month, up to 11 times).
  • Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card: Up to $220 in dining statement credits ($20 back per month, up to 11 times).

Marriott Bonvoy card members:

• Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card: Up to $110 in dining statement credits ($10 back per month, up to 11 times).
  • Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card: Up to $220 in dining statement credits ($20 back per month, up to 11 times).
Earn up to $220 in wireless phone service statement credits

Eligible U.S. business card members can take advantage of Amex Offers that provide up to $220 on U.S. wireless telephone services, after enrollment and through December 31, 2021. Here are the credits by type of card:

Delta SkyMiles business card members:

• Delta SkyMiles Gold Business American Express Card: Up to $110 in wireless telephone service statement credits ($10 back per month, up to 11 times).
  • Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card: Up to $165 in wireless telephone service statement credits ($15 back per month, up to 11 times).
  • Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business American Express Card: Up to $220 in wireless telephone service statement credits ($20 back per month, up to 11 times).

Hilton Honors business card members:

• Hilton Honors American Express Business Card: Up to $110 wireless telephone service statement credits ($10 back per month, up to 11 times).

Marriott Bonvoy business card members:

• Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card: Up to $165 in wireless telephone service statement credits ($15 back per month, up to 11 times).
New ways to maximize rewards

If you’re looking for new ways to maximize how many Delta SkyMiles, Hilton Honor points or Marriott Bonvoy points you earn, check out these promotions:

Delta SkyMiles offers:

• Consumer and business Delta SkyMiles Gold, Platinum and Reserve cards: Earn 5X miles on eligible Delta purchases through December 31, 2021. That’s an additional 3X miles.
  • Consumer and business Delta SkyMiles Platinum and Reserve cards: Benefit from a Status Boost special offer that allows you to earn 25% more Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) when you hit each spending threshold through December 31, 2021. Reserve card members earn 18,750 MQMs each time they spend $30,000 on purchases (up to 4 times) while Platinum card members earn 12,500 MQMs each time they spend $25,000 on purchases (up to 2 times). This offer is also available for new card members who are approved through 2021. There is no enrollment required.

Hilton Honors offer:

• Consumer and business Hilton Honors cards: Earn 10,000 additional Hilton Honors points after you spend $5,000 on purchases (up to 10 times) through June 30, 2021.

Marriott Bonvoy offer:

• Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant, Marriott Bonvoy Business and select Marriott Bonvoy Cards: Earn 7,500 additional Marriott Bonvoy points after you spend $7,500 on purchases (up to 10 times) through December 31, 2021.
 You also must be a cardholder as of Jan. 1, 2021, and enrollment is required through Amex Offers.

[Mod note:  Please remember to credit sources when copying and pasting content from other sites and to remove affiliate referral links from any copied text.  Credit for above post belongs to CNBC Select and all links to affiliate commision links have been removed .]
Message 38 of 84
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I used mine at Little Caesars at lunch and Dunkin' for the coffee and got the email so I would assume it's not going to have much in the way of limitations.

I just redeemed my 1st credit earlier this afternoon by ordering some pizza too, but Pizza Hut, through Seamless. I did get the confirmation redemption email immediately from AMEX. I usually get the actual credit from AMEX in 2 or 3 days, which is very good. I had sock drawerd this card last month, but I whipped it right back now, for 1 dining purchase per month through the end of the year!

Message 39 of 84
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, the minium spend for Surpass is $10. For those with other cards, however, the different cards have different offers, and therefore different corresponding spend requirements, ranging from $5 - $20. 

Whatever your actual offer is, that amount is also your required minium spend.

Message 40 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.