Did you mean: 

New Amex Cobrand Credits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Amex Cobrand Credits

@Repairman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Used Surpass at lunch today for $8.64, and then stopped for a coffee after work and used it again to go over the $10 threshold. I got an email within five minutes of paying that the reward had been put into effect, so to be clear, the reward is triggered by $10 total spend. It doesn't have to be in one purchase.

Yes, the minium spend for Surpass is $10. For those with other cards, however, the different cards have different offers, and therefore different corresponding spend requirements, ranging from $5 - $20. 

Whatever your actual offer is, that amount is also your required minium spend.

Right. I was only pointing out that it doesn't have to be a $10 minimum single purchase to trigger the reward. It can be cumulative.

Message 41 of 84
dogmeat
Regular Contributor

Here's my approach at managing this.  30 minutes upfront to hopefully reduce the ongoing management/memory time to as close to zero as possible. Not the perfect solution, but we'll see how it works out.

Now I just have to remember to peel off the stickers as I use them, and to ..uh.. make some more room in my wallet.

ETA: the alignment of the Delta Plat stickers is better, as it doesn't interfere with chip insert. For anyone feeling inspired.

IMG_3375.jpg

Message 42 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appreciate the heads up. The card formerly known as the SPG Card had $50 off $200 Marriot stay that has been added.

I'll check the other cards later after adding some, meaningless to me, offers to see what gets loaded. 

Message 43 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

For wireless:

• Marriott Business: $15 monthly credit

I was pleasantly surprised when i saw that offer, although I might have prefered it to be on Gold since the AF is higher, it's still $15 I'm saving per month overal. So I guess I can apply that savings over to the Gold in my head.

I also had the 7500 points per $7,500 spend X10, but if it's anything like last year I'll not even come close to that.

That said it's better than nothing at all!

Message 44 of 84
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

For wireless:

• Marriott Business: $15 monthly credit

I was pleasantly surprised when i saw that offer, although I might have prefered it to be on Gold since the AF is higher, it's still $15 I'm saving per month overal. So I guess I can apply that savings over to the Gold in my head.

I also had the 7500 points per $7,500 spend X10, but if it's anything like last year I'll not even come close to that.

That said it's better than nothing at all!

Yea, I dont put that type of monthly spend on cards either, BUT if I did, that would be pretty fantastic. I actually do have 2 large purchases around that amount coming up soon, but I'd rather put them against a 0% interest card. But who knows, maybe I'll end up putting at least one of them on my AMEX.

Message 45 of 84
kidink1911
Established Contributor

AMEX Delta Platinum- Monthly Dining Credit, Who Knew?!

I was leisurely checking my AMEX website online and learned that all AMEX Delta Platinum cardholders now receive a $15 a month dining/restaurant credit when you spend $15 a month at U.S. restaurants (including take-out and delivery)- super excited because dinner once a month will pay for itself! 

The $165 a year from this offer definitely makes this annual fee well worth it! Bon Appetit!! Smiley Happy

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 46 of 84
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX Delta Platinum- Monthly Dining Credit, Who Knew?!

@kidink1911 wrote:

I was leisurely checking my AMEX website online and learned that all AMEX Delta Platinum cardholders now receive a $15 a month dining/restaurant credit when you spend $15 a month at U.S. restaurants (including take-out and delivery)- super excited because dinner once a month will pay for itself! 

The $165 a year from this offer definitely makes this annual fee well worth it! Bon Appetit!! Smiley Happy

It's mentioned earlier in the thread, but it certainly bears repeating that this is not an automatic credit - in order to receive the credit, one must opt into the Amex Offer on their eligible Delta, Marriott, or Hilton card for $X back for spending $X+ on dining (or wireless) each month through December.

But definitely a huge value added to these cards for 2021!

Message 47 of 84
Repairman
Established Contributor

@kidink1911 wrote:

Wouldn't it be great if AMEX made these credits permanent?  Smiley Happy

Message 48 of 84
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@kidink1911 wrote:

It's mentioned earlier in the thread, but it certainly bears repeating that this is not an automatic credit - in order to receive the credit, one must opt into the Amex Offer on their eligible Delta, Marriott, or Hilton card for $X back for spending $X+ on dining (or wireless) each month through December.

But definitely a huge value added to these cards for 2021!

https://youtu.be/w7VPA8SjASU 

@K-in-Boston  are you telling me not only that I have to remember to use this card at a restaurant, I also have to remember to add offer every month??? 

Please tell me it ain't so.

If it is so, well played, Amex. Well played. 

Message 49 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it's a one-time add to your card and then it'll redeem each month that you hit the spend requirement.

Message 50 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.