Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Amex Cobrand Credits

tag
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

Re: Hilton Aspire $20 month cash back on dining

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I would say Amex is going all out to make its restless Hilton Aspire cardholders happy. They have an offer for $20 cash back per month on any US dining charges, through the end of the year. That's almost half the annual fee right there.

And in 2020 the $250 resort credit was able to be cashed out as dining. I cashed out my 2020 Aspire $250 airline fee reimbursement as Southwest Rapid Rewards points (while they were running a way to convert them). So (checks math) by my first year renewal date in May, I'll have gotten $580 back from a $450 card, before the SUB, points on spend and the free anywhere anywhen (not just weekend) night.

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 18k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Freedom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 81 of 84
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@notmyrealname23 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I would say Amex is going all out to make its restless Hilton Aspire cardholders happy. They have an offer for $20 cash back per month on any US dining charges, through the end of the year. That's almost half the annual fee right there.

And in 2020 the $250 resort credit was able to be cashed out as dining. I cashed out my 2020 Aspire $250 airline fee reimbursement as Southwest Rapid Rewards points (while they were running a way to convert them). So (checks math) by my first year renewal date in May, I'll have gotten $580 back from a $450 card, before the SUB, points on spend and the free anywhere anywhen (not just weekend) night.

Yes they did right by me as well last time around. In addition to the $250 dining credit and the $50 appreciation credit, they gave me a $300 cash retention offer.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 82 of 84
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@notmyrealname23 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Yes they did right by me as well last time around. In addition to the $250 dining credit and the $50 appreciation credit, they gave me a $300 cash retention offer.

Oh yeah, I forgot that I stuck my Shop Small offer on top of the Hilton Aspire, so that's actually $630 on a $450 card.

Seems like gilding a lily to ask for a retention offer on a $450 AF card that by my reckoning is net positive value for me in years one AND two (I am pretty confident I'll beat $450 in value between airline credit + resort credit + 7 months of $20 dining credit), without using the free room nights or the points I banked (I have a round the world trip those points and nights may be handy for).

I know everyone thinks Hyatt and Marriott are the bees knees but I can't complain about Hilton (they've been the hotel chain I've had some kind of status with the longest, next is probably a tie between SPG and Hyatt that Hyatt will win starting next year or so).

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 18k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Freedom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 83 of 84
manbuckets
Regular Contributor

My credit took 10 days to post. This was not a benefit that I was not expecting on my no annual fee Hilton card, definitely not complaining though.

Current Cards/Loans:
Future Cards:
Message 84 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.