cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Amex Cobrand Credits

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX Delta Platinum- Monthly Dining Credit, Who Knew?!

@Anonymous wrote:

No, it's a one-time add to your card and then it'll redeem each month that you hit the spend requirement.

Well, I'm tripping on "not automatic, opt in every month"

What you're describing is "opt in offer once, remember to use each month" 

Meh, whatever the case may be, I'm going to forget. 

Message 51 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm I better go back and re-read it then - I could've sworn it was a one time opt in and you're good to go. I'll go re-educate myself now. If it's an opt in each month I know I will forget too!

Message 52 of 84
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I'm pretty sure I misread what he said, but again, I'm going to forget (except for today, kids want Popeyes). 

Message 53 of 84
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm I better go back and re-read it then - I could've sworn it was a one time opt in and you're good to go. I'll go re-educate myself now. If it's an opt in each month I know I will forget too!

@Anonymous I do believe that it's a one time opt in.  But like @Remedios I'm probably going to forget.  I have things my like my wireless bill set to auto pay and now I'm going to have to make (4) $15 purchases across different cards.  I guess maybe now I will find Siri useful by way or reminding me to do it every month.  

Message 54 of 84
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I'm about to weep from the irony of this situation.

I've spend a few years making fun of Amex Chicken, and here I am, Popeyeing. 

Message 55 of 84
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

You only have to add the offer once.  It sticks around until 31/12.  Enjoy your discounted or free Popeyes. 

Message 56 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup I went and looked too. Wording was to the effect of "between the time you opt in and December 31". 

Message 57 of 84
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I'm pretty sure I misread what he said, but again, I'm going to forget (except for today, kids want Popeyes). 

Well, you have a few living computers available. Let the kids know there is a dining credit for each month, and they can remind you... or go hungry. Their choice.

Also a good "active learning" opportunity about the calendar. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 58 of 84
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

Hey everyone,

Not sure if this was addressed earlier in the thread, but just wanted to let everyone know that this credit does not get triggered by using a third party wallet (like Apple Pay in my case) even if it's a restaurant. This was confirmed by Amex chat, and happened with an Uber Eats transaction on the Delta Reserve. Just be careful out there!

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 10.49.39 AM.png

Message 59 of 84
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@mkhan1093 wrote:

Hey everyone,

Not sure if this was addressed earlier in the thread, but just wanted to let everyone know that this credit does not get triggered by using a third party wallet (like Apple Pay in my case) even if it's a restaurant. This was confirmed by Amex chat, and happened with an Uber Eats transaction on the Delta Reserve. Just be careful out there!

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 10.49.39 AM.png

Just to clarify, Amex uses that wording to cover themselves because in some instances the correct merchant code will not be passed through.  It's VERY likely that in most cases using Apple Pay in person or on a restaurant's app will trigger the credit.  In this case, the offer is for restaurants and UberEats, Grubhub, DoorDash, etc. will not have one of the traditional merchant codes used for restaurants.  This would fall more under the "third party payment processing" as you were not paying a restaurant, but rather a delivery service.

Message 60 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.