cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Amex Delta - no charges on first statement?

tag
PointLager
Established Contributor

New Amex Delta - no charges on first statement?

Hi guys,

I recently applied and was approved for both Amex PRG and for Delta revolver, both with the same closing statement date.  First month I put north of $3.5k on the charge card to hit my $2k spend and haven't used my delta card at all. 

I plan on using the Delta after my first statement so i can PIF the $1k minimum spend before the second statement cuts. It's my highest CL ($2k).

Question:   Do I need to put anything on the Delta card and have it print on my first statement? (even a $10 lunch/coffee) or best to just start once month 2 begins?  Would not charging anything risk not being reported to bureaus? I've got just north of 6 months history in the US and only have BofA ($500 CL) and CapOne ($500 CL) reporting to EX and TU but nothing with EQ. 

Thanks   (730 EX FAKO, 719 EX FICO)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: New Amex Delta - no charges on first statement?

@PointLager wrote:

Hi guys,

I recently applied and was approved for both Amex PRG and for Delta revolver, both with the same closing statement date.  First month I put north of $3.5k on the charge card to hit my $2k spend and haven't used my delta card at all. 

I plan on using the Delta after my first statement so i can PIF the $1k minimum spend before the second statement cuts. It's my highest CL ($2k).

Question:   Do I need to put anything on the Delta card and have it print on my first statement? (even a $10 lunch/coffee) or best to just start once month 2 begins?  Would not charging anything risk not being reported to bureaus? I've got just north of 6 months history in the US and only have BofA ($500 CL) and CapOne ($500 CL) reporting to EX and TU but nothing with EQ. 

Thanks   (730 EX FAKO, 719 EX FICO)

Welcome to myFICO...and just buy me lunch...just to be sure...lol. 

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.