Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Amex card and backdating?

tag
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

New Amex card and backdating?

First of all thanks to this awesome forum and the members. Basically i didnt even know much about credit until i came here. i have been lurking here for long and learnt lots by reading the posts. My credit profile is like 750+ across all 3 CRA. My AAOA is litle above 4 yrs and i always get score reason as short credit history. I added couple of cards like discover it, bofa, target  store to my profile. I started reading about amex backdating, and the magic it can do to AAOA remembering that i was an AU on my dads card inearly 90s. SO Amex was in my next list. Last month i opened a costco membership and came to know that costco accepts only amex. So i could not wait and on 6/15 i apped for BCE using the last mail in offer code they sent... They was sending me offers for last one year and i always use to ignore. I got instatly approved. Later i called and found my credit limit is 2 k Smiley Sad thats the lowest credit limit. So I called the customer care and said that i had an amex in 1990ish and they said they could not find but submit a request and get back me. In like 2 days i received an email that my replacement card has been sent. That very day i recieved my BCE which said MSD 2014, but i was happy they sent me a replacement card with probably corrected MSD. Later that day i logged and saw " member since 1992" i was like doing the happy dance ignoring even the credit limit they gave me. I did receive my new card with 92 as the member since. My first statemnt cut was on 6/26, nothing reported to the CRAs. 

Now my question is do i need to call the amex credit dept to find out if they will report my member since year or it happens automatically. I was reading some horror stories that some people never got success on backdating even if they had some account number , last 5 digits etc. in my case i dont even have account num except like name , address, primary account name etc. account probbaly fallen out of my credit report before even i looked at my credit report for the first time.  i am worried if they dont report what I am gonna do... Please help me out of this dilemma. Thanks!

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: New Amex card.

Congrats! Your credit reports will be updated. In 61 days you can ask for a 3x CLI to $6k.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/1811071

Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Message 3 of 12
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! They will definitely report your new TL with the updated member since date! Nothing to worry about there. Smiley Happy Look for a sizable bump in score! You're wellllllll on your way to getting that 3x CLI in 61 days for sure.
Message 4 of 12
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Congrats! Your credit reports will be updated. In 61 days you can ask for a 3x CLI to $6k.

Thanks. From when do i need to calculate 61 days the day i was approved or the day my replacement card was issued which was like2-3 days after.? Thanks for the the CLi guide, i never use to read amex threads since i didnot have one.. I will go through that now.

Message 5 of 12
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
Congrats! They will definitely report your new TL with the updated member since date! Nothing to worry about there. Smiley Happy Look for a sizable bump in score! You're wellllllll on your way to getting that 3x CLI in 61 days for sure.
Thanks . Feeling much better now. Probably i need not hold my breath until next statement cut which is 7/27. 

Message 6 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Jayx wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Thanks. From when do i need to calculate 61 days the day i was approved or the day my replacement card was issued which was like2-3 days after.? Thanks for the the CLi guide, i never use to read amex threads since i didnot have one.. I will go through that now.

Check your first statement it should say something like active since date.

Message 7 of 12
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

Ah ok. I just checked its since 6/15, same as my approval date. Thank you!

Message 8 of 12
AGingrich

The 3x credit increase after 60 days is definitely a real thing. I just did it with the AMEX Blue Preferred and on the 63rd day, went on the site, and it worked like a charm. Didn't even take a second to process, lol.

Message 9 of 12
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@AGingrich wrote:

The 3x credit increase after 60 days is definitely a real thing. I just did it with the AMEX Blue Preferred and on the 63rd day, went on the site, and it worked like a charm. Didn't even take a second to process, lol.

the 3x cli with amex is one of the best features of having an amex card. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.