cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Apple Card Signup Bonus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Apple Card Signup Bonus


@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

pretty much spend 75 and we will refund that....lame


How exactly is a 100% return lame when people go nuts over 6.67% return SUBs?

 

What Apple is doing is obviously working for them. To the average person, this is probably much more attractive than "spend $1500 to get $100" is. 


I suspect that you know the answer!   In this case, if you have a need to spend $75 at Nike, then yes, it's pretty good.   But it's the same argument people have against the CSR/Amex Gold annual fee offsets: if you use just to use, it's really not that valuable.   Whereas $100 after $1,500 spend.

 

But I also agree that many people will think it's great.

 

 


It's not like Nike is some niche store that nobody can find anything they want at though. Nike is the number one shoe brand in the world. If you don't need them, chances are pretty good you know someone who would like them as a gift and we are rolling right into the holidays. 

Message 11 of 21
sxa001
Established Contributor

Re: New Apple Card Signup Bonus

While it is  great offer for those who are already planning to buy something at Nike, I really would expect the majority of people are going to get it and look at it as getting something free at Nike.  BUT if you like Nike and will use what you get for free then that isn't a bad thing.  It's not for me but I suspect that some people can benefit in some way.  Thanks OP for sharing! 





Message 12 of 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: New Apple Card Signup Bonus


@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

pretty much spend 75 and we will refund that....lame


How exactly is a 100% return lame when people go nuts over 6.67% return SUBs?

 

What Apple is doing is obviously working for them. To the average person, this is probably much more attractive than "spend $1500 to get $100" is. 


I suspect that you know the answer!   In this case, if you have a need to spend $75 at Nike, then yes, it's pretty good.   But it's the same argument people have against the CSR/Amex Gold annual fee offsets: if you use just to use, it's really not that valuable.   Whereas $100 after $1,500 spend.

 

But I also agree that many people will think it's great.

 

 


If you're going to buy at Nike anyway this is a great SUB, and if not, it's not useful, just like the CSR / Gold situation... if you're making purchases just to get the credits, you are not really "saving".

 

So this is a niche SUB, perhaps, although it's a great return on spend if you were going to spend at Nike anyway!

Message 13 of 21
Loquat
Moderator

Re: New Apple Card Signup Bonus

Interesting how some are seeing Nike and others are seeing Panera Bread as a sub.
Message 14 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Mega Contributor

Re: New Apple Card Signup Bonus

thats pretty sweet. Some new kicks for a SUBSmiley Wink. Can i get the Apple then the kicks then trade my apple for an orange?Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Mega Contributor

Re: New Apple Card Signup Bonus


@Anonymous wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

pretty much spend 75 and we will refund that....lame


How exactly is a 100% return lame when people go nuts over 6.67% return SUBs?

 

What Apple is doing is obviously working for them. To the average person, this is probably much more attractive than "spend $1500 to get $100" is. 


this. My only real problem with this is it isnt Adidas 😄 i like both but im more inclined towards Adidas for my kicks needsSmiley Wink

Message 16 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Mega Contributor

Re: New Apple Card Signup Bonus


@Jordan23ww wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

pretty much spend 75 and we will refund that....lame


How exactly is a 100% return lame when people go nuts over 6.67% return SUBs?

 

What Apple is doing is obviously working for them. To the average person, this is probably much more attractive than "spend $1500 to get $100" is. 


I agree!  I thought it was a good deal.  I was planning to buy something from the Nike store soon and was planning to also get an Apple Card. For me at least this is perfect! 


yeah no different than getting a $70 Amazon gift card for getting the Amazon Visa😉

Message 17 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Mega Contributor

Re: New Apple Card Signup Bonus


@Loquat wrote:
Interesting how some are seeing Nike and others are seeing Panera Bread as a sub.

lolSmiley Wink. In the Nike thing i can see it as i alluded to earlier. Get a $70 gift card from Amazon is a SUB , just this is exclusively with Nike. $70 or $75 is still $70 or $75 regardless where spentSmiley Wink

Message 18 of 21
longtimelurker
Mega Contributor

Re: New Apple Card Signup Bonus


@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Loquat wrote:
Interesting how some are seeing Nike and others are seeing Panera Bread as a sub.

lolSmiley Wink. In the Nike thing i can see it as i alluded to earlier. Get a $70 gift card from Amazon is a SUB , just this is exclusively with Nike. $70 or $75 is still $70 or $75 regardless where spentSmiley Wink


Well, obviously individual situations differ, but I would think $70 Amazon is easier to use than $70 on Nike.   To go extreme, two pieces of paper (a $50 and a $20) from the Federal Reserve, or $70 back from Nike.   Same thing, right!

Message 19 of 21
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: New Apple Card Signup Bonus


@sxa001 wrote:

While it is  great offer for those who are already planning to buy something at Nike, I really would expect the majority of people are going to get it and look at it as getting something free at Nike.  BUT if you like Nike and will use what you get for free then that isn't a bad thing.  It's not for me but I suspect that some people can benefit in some way.  Thanks OP for sharing! 


You're welcome!

 




Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.