Did you mean: 

New BBVA targeted offer - 6x groceries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New BBVA targeted offer - 6x groceries

@UncleB wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Yet to get an offer from BBVA on the CC I got several months back such as one you have..  Would use it more if got such an offer Smiley Happy

Same here... not even once. Smiley Sad

The only thing "extra" they've ever done for me is an unsolicited upgrade to a Signature card. Smiley Indifferent

I would have thought that you would be getting them at least being in their geofence. I wonder why you don't get offers?

Message 21 of 26
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

So to get targeted for offers is off of how much you spend?

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheBoondocks wrote:

So to get targeted for offers is off of how much you spend?

I don't believe so. I never spend more than $200 in a month on this card and I had it in the sock drawer for a few months before these two back to back grocery offers. They didn't send me an offer the first month but they sent me one the second with $0 spent. Since BBVA started giving me these offers in March 2019, I ended up getting one every month except for three that I can think of. I didn't use them every month because sometimes they were for things like hardware stores or gas but the most frequent offers have been for groceries, at least every three months I would say. 

Message 23 of 26
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

^ Agreed. IME has nothing to do with spend. I spent $17 on my CP#1 last Nov, followed by 2nd CLI in Dec. Before that the last activity was paying off a BT in July. This is my second month getting this promo. 

I recently picked up a 2nd Clearpoints & Rewards VS in December and parked a small BT on each to build quick payment history. Hope to squeak in a CLI before the official change over. And as you can see I received the offer on both those cards as well. BBVA also called me earlier this month with a promo offer on the CP#2, bonus 1500 pts on any spend within 7 days. (Separate from the intro SUB.)  I quickly did a $25 amazon reload. Ha! I had a little trouble with BBVA in the beginning, paying off a convenience check too quickly, but after that we buried the hatchet and have settled in to a decent relationship. Almost sorry to move to PNC now.Smiley Happy

Clearpoints #1 (1%+4%)Clearpoints #1 (1%+4%)Clearpoints #2 (2%+4%)Clearpoints #2 (2%+4%)Rewards VS (1.5%+4%)Rewards VS (1.5%+4%)

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ocheosa wrote:

^ Agreed. IME has nothing to do with spend. I spent $17 on my CP#1 last Nov, followed by 2nd CLI in Dec. Before that the last activity was paying off a BT in July. This is my second month getting this promo. 

I recently picked up a 2nd Clearpoints & Rewards VS in December and parked a small BT on each to build quick payment history. Hope to squeak in a CLI before the official change over. And as you can see I received the offer on both those cards as well. BBVA also called me earlier this month with a promo offer on the CP#2, bonus 1500 pts on any spend within 7 days. (Separate from the intro SUB.)  I quickly did a $25 amazon reload. Ha! I had a little trouble with BBVA in the beginning, paying off a convenience check too quickly, but after that we buried the hatchet and have settled in to a decent relationship. Almost sorry to move to PNC now.Smiley Happy

Clearpoints #1 (1%+4%)Clearpoints #1 (1%+4%)Clearpoints #2 (2%+4%)Clearpoints #2 (2%+4%)Rewards VS (1.5%+4%)Rewards VS (1.5%+4%)

Wow, that's certainly impressive! 😂 

Message 25 of 26
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, that's certainly impressive! 😂 

Thanks but not really...it was pretty much the war of the roses (1989) for a minute...but couples counseling is a real thing! Smiley Tongue Make nice nice wih the CSR's and on each call I remind them of how much they hated me in the beginning!! Smiley LOL

BTW, have you looked at your add a card offers lately? Oooooh, are those chocolates leading to that tricked out van! Smiley SurprisedHeartSmiley Wink

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.