Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BCP and BCE sign-up offers!

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex ups their BCE offer to avoid losing Costco customers

@Turbobuick wrote:

I've been getting bombarded with BCE offers pretty much since Costco and Amex divorced. Emails and snail mails by the literal dozen(s). However, everyone one of them had the same $100 bonus perk. I was resigned to the fact that I would no longer be carrying Amex.

Today I signed on to my TE account and the splash screen brought this offer. Now I realize I'm a bonus whore and if the price is right I can be steered any direction.  Smiley Very Happy 

So those holding out... hold out a little longer if you haven't seen this offer.

2016-04-01_173122.jpg

It's terrific that you posted this; thanks. When I go to the site I don't get a preapproval, and the terms aren't as good as your offer. So now I know what to hold out for. Thank you!

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 21 of 42
Open123
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Amex is putting some nice bonuses out there right now. They are offering the hilton surpass with 100k hilton points for 3k in 3 months spend. 

Yes, I'm assuming the "once per lifetime" implementation allows for aggressive sign-up bonuses, since it eliminates virtually all churners.  Great time to app for Amex cards!

Message 22 of 42
red259
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Amex is putting some nice bonuses out there right now. They are offering the hilton surpass with 100k hilton points for 3k in 3 months spend. 

Yes, I'm assuming the "once per lifetime" implementation allows for aggressive sign-up bonuses, since it eliminates virtually all churners.  Great time to app for Amex cards!

Or because they made it once per lifetime they are struggling to get enough new card members. In addition, there are apparently exceptions to the once in a life time rules where amex can target you and you can get the bonus again. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 23 of 42
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Wish the card had something to offer that my other cards don't beat easily. I can see it being a backup to Sallie Mae at the grocery store and the occasional Amex offerings. Day to day nothing special about it. After the bonus and 15 month interest free period, it's likely heading for the sock drawer. 

Message 24 of 42
Open123
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Or because they made it once per lifetime they are struggling to get enough new card members. In addition, there are apparently exceptions to the once in a life time rules where amex can target you and you can get the bonus again. 

Oh wow, didn't realize this!  Will keep that in mind for future Amex apps.

Message 25 of 42
red259
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Oh wow, didn't realize this!  Will keep that in mind for future Amex apps.

Yea, you will know when it happens because when they target you the offer does not contain the once in a lifetime language in it. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 26 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I logged in and saw that offer I'd click the add this card button so hard I'd break my mouse button.

Message 27 of 42
Bman70
Established Contributor

The $250 is nice.. To get the full $200 extra you'd have to spend $2000 on cell phone stuff alone in 2016. e.g. over $200 a month for the rest of the year. Not hard for some people I guess, I just keep my phone bill low and carry an iPhone 4. Smiley Very Happy 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 28 of 42
sr383
Regular Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

Wish the card had something to offer that my other cards don't beat easily. I can see it being a backup to Sallie Mae at the grocery store and the occasional Amex offerings. Day to day nothing special about it. After the bonus and 15 month interest free period, it's likely heading for the sock drawer. 

Yeah. I wasn't even going to apply for another AMEX to replace Costco, but when they flashed the preapproval and bonus cash, I figured, "Why not?" (It still doesn't look like there was a hard pull.) Maybe the competitive landscape will force some improvement to their rewards. ...

Costco TrueEarningsSallie Mae MasterCardDiscover itUS Bank Cash+Chase SlateBlue Cash EverydayFidelity VisaTU-803/EQ-808/EX-800
Message 29 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New BCP and BCE sign-up offers!

Yep. Thats the offer that made me app for the BCP. I  spend $700 a month on groceries and $275 on cell bill  so I don't think I will have any problems earning the full bonus. 

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.