Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BOA Credit Card Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New BOA Credit Card Advice

@Anonymous wrote:

It sounds like it may be worth a shot, if you are interested in a Chase card. The great thing about them, is they are easy to recon, if need be. The number is listed in the backdoor number thread, stickied at the top of this forum.

They can pull from any bureau, usually depending on your area. I'm in Louisiana and they normally pull EQ for me, but have pulled from TU as well.

ETA numbers:

The automated number to check status is 1-800-955-9900
The number to speak to someone in the lending dept about your application is 1-888-245-0625
Message Edited by stef37 on 11-17-2008 10:22 AM

OK Thanks!  Do you think adding another card will help my scores? 
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think that it is necessary as you have a good deal of TL's already. But- if BoA is your only major CC then, personally, I would want to add another as a backup.
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the help.  I really appreciate it.  I was talking to a BOA rep today and she said that my statement will drop between the 23-27th and bills will be due between the 13th-16th .  She says that I should wait until around the 24th to pay.  Does this sound about right?
Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

op my score were similar to yours     chase approved me for a 5k perfect card mc

boa wont talk to me

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for all the help.  I really appreciate it.  I was talking to a BOA rep today and she said that my statement will drop between the 23-27th and bills will be due between the 13th-16th .  She says that I should wait until around the 24th to pay.  Does this sound about right?

Yes, this sounds about right. The statement date does vary by a few days with BoA, but it looks  to be a good day to PIF by if you want it to report a zero balance. You could use the card after you have seen the new statement in your online account if you are trying to avoid/limit a balance from reporting to the CRA's.

Message 15 of 28
score_building
Senior Contributor

yes chase freedom is a very well liked card and a v. good one from what i understand but be careful with Chase they are starting to charge monthly account maintenance fees on some accounts on short notice.  since you already have a major you may want to consider apping a cu card.  another major could give a boost too but personally i wouldn't app a chase product.  they flirted heavily with UD, double cylcle billing (as have others) but they're just not anything too special when it comes to customer service either.  YMMV. 

Message Edited by score_building on 11-22-2008 09:02 PM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New BOA Credit Card Advice--UPDATE ON CHASE

Well I did go ahead and apply for that Chase Freedom card but they denied me.  They pulled Equifax, my highest.  They said Insufficient amount of credit information is reported on credit bureau report and Credit report shows recent delinquency or past due balance. 
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

call in for recon
Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
call in for recon

+1

1-888-245-0625

Chase is easy to recon.

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the recon worked!  In less than 10 minutes I was approved.  I nvver would have thought to call or believed it would be possible for reconsideration had it not been for the boards so thank you all for that.  In my excitement I forgot to find out the credit limit so I had to call back and was told $3000.  I applied for the Freedom card but noticed that the rep said MasterCard Platinum.  She said that she could only see the approval and not the rewards program so I will have to wait until I get the card to verify if it is Freedom.  Kinda weird but I guess I can call back then if I need to.
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.