Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BestBuy MC

tag
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Re: New BestBuy MC

@Boonie wrote:

My BestBuy Gold MC (surprisingly) has no annual fee.  Hopefully, I am upgraded to a Platinum card.

ME too!

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 21 of 32
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Unfortunately, they are not upgrading accounts/cards. It you desire a different card than what you already have, you must apply for that card. This was told to me buy a CSR rep in the exec office. I would very much so like to have my account upgraded to platinum which carries no AF. 

Message 22 of 32
mxp114
Valued Contributor

If they don't do account number changes, you can get the new card design by requesting a replacement at some point in the future. Right now the card is probably the same hologram on front until those deplete or destroyed. However they could do a mass mailing of new cards that reflect the new design, it's been done before.

Message 23 of 32
Ron1
Super Contributor

I have BB RZ MC Platinum. I haven't received any notice for getting a new card. My card will expire in Dec. I'm sure I will get a new design card.

Ron.

Message 24 of 32
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Its been 30 days and no new card so far.   The mail I got mentioned to watch for it in the next few weeks.  I wonder when I will receive it now? hmmm

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 25 of 32
lithium78
Established Contributor

I'm still waiting on a $10 statement credit I was supposed to get for card usage in September.  I wonder what is taking so long.  I'm only holding onto this card because they didn't charge me an AF this year.  It's my oldest card and my lowest limit.  It's leftover from my rebuilding days.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 32
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Just got my replacement store card in the mail today.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 27 of 32
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Finally received my new Best Buy Mastercard today!  

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 28 of 32
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Boonie wrote:

My BestBuy Gold MC (surprisingly) has no annual fee.  Hopefully, I am upgraded to a Platinum card.

Cap1 unlike most people in the subprime market isn't that huge on AFs. All their subprime cards have AFs, but they're not really that astronomical compared to some others out there, so I wouldn't be surprised if cap1 dumped the AF on a store card. 

+1000, As much as Cap1 gets on my dang nerves sometimes they are a great lender for people who are looking to Build/Re-Build. They Def helped me out 3 years ago. I think if Cap1 would loosen their grip on Their CLI policy and UN-Willingness to grow with cardmembers, they would look much more appealing to Everyone Smiley Wink

Also, if their frontline CSR's weren't terrible.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 29 of 32
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I have the store card with a $3,000 limit and no AF. I asked Crap1 if I could PC to Mastercard. They said no and told me I needed to reapply. I reapplied and was offered a $300 limit and $59 AF. I declined their offer and they deleted the INQ.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.