Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New CC

If I app more than 1 card in a day is score still same or does it go down with this inq? This may sound silly to some of you vets,but for me the most silly question is one not asked. ,I am planning on app Citi (online) and Macy's(in-store) in same day. Please help!!!

Thanks

5/9 Fico

EQ  725

TU   714

EX  ?

Message Edited by Creditfreeze on 05-08-2009 05:47 PM
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: New CC

apply for citi first and then Macys in store.

if you had a score loss form first inq it probably wouldn't be much 

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

apply for citi first and then Macys in store.

if you had a score loss form first inq it probably wouldn't be much 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you,

I  actually was going to do it in reverse. But,I'm gonna try it your waySmiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Macys is more forgiving about inquiries than Citi.

Also, if you app for Macys, try to do it in-store. You may start with a higher CL. They may also ask for a major CC when you app. It is/was SOP for them. It caught me off guard.
Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

with 700's you might get yourself a Macys Store card and a Macys Visa, that with your citi card, you could have 3 new accounts with just 2 inq!!

keep us posted 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Chase Visa I can present at counter with ID. So,I will do Citi online,then go in-store to Macy's. Is it a store card or major cc?
Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Both, if you get approved for the Visa.

they will automatically try you for the visa and then if that is not approved, they will consider you for the store card. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not applying until mid-june,so score may inch up a couple of points by then,due to me paying off cap one this month. If it's reported I should say. Lately it seems the banks are not reporting as often. Anyone else feel that way?

Thanks

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.