Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Cap One Card When Old One Stuck?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Cap One Card When Old One Stuck?

My Quicksilver One is my oldest card and I haven't been able to do a PC as of yet. The card seems to be stuck at 1500.00 and no matter what I do I cant get a CLI and the reject letters come with a range of excuses. My highest limit currently is Discover at 9400 which was the opening limit almost a year ago and will be asking NFCU for a large bump over that.
My question if I apply for another Cap 1 card such as the Savor1 card what is likely to happen? I like the Savor cards but hate to open a toy limit card.
My profile is a 9year old CH7 on TU and EX. A 5year old non updating CO and no other baddies. My FICO 8s range from 714-735
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Cap One Card When Old One Stuck?

Capital One can be unpredictable. Savor One approvals tend to be lower than Savor approvals though. The entertainment category seems to be hit or miss from reports, have you thought about the Uber or Marvel cards? Marvel would still have some entertainment coverage and it’s backed by Sync so it can grow quite a bit, Uber is the same 4% on dining as the Savor is and neither of them will pull all three bureaus. 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good info on the Savor vs Savor1 approvals. Im guessing they want that AF.

I would really like the Uber card however my non updating 5 year old charge off is from Barclays. Uhhgh the last baddie and I don't want to poke the bear. SOL is 6 years.

I would benefit from the dining but the entertainment not so much.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if you’re not looking for the entertainment, the Marvel card is perfect.

https://www.marvel.com/creditcard?siteCode=MCMOLP&cid=MMCLP&Dcom=MCMOLP&clientCode=MARVEL&clientId=m...

It does have *some* entertainment categories but just not as broad as Savor/One. It does have the dining though.
Message 4 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Im suprised Op hasnt tried for an increase on their Discover card. Usually people with high sl like that will end up getting bigger cli than mostSmiley Wink Hulk Smash!!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Good info on the Savor vs Savor1 approvals. Im guessing they want that AF.

I would really like the Uber card however my non updating 5 year old charge off is from Barclays. Uhhgh the last baddie and I don't want to poke the bear. SOL is 6 years.

I would benefit from the dining but the entertainment not so much.

So uhhh... I take back what I said. Cap hit me with a $10K Savor One this morning and I'm a super low income earner. If you can stomach the idea of potentially wasting 3 HPs, the Savor One is the best offering between Marvel, Savor, and Uber mainly because Capital One isn't really known for CLDs like Barclays and to a lesser extent, Sync and the $150 SUB is nice as well as the 0% for 15 months. I am definitely not sorry I took a stab at the Savor One and I was only showing prequals for QS1 and Plat.

I have said on here repeatedly that I believe Capital One values loyalty and their amazing approval (my exposure with them is now basically equal to my annual income) shows that they definitely appreciate my 5 years of history with them.

Message 6 of 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Cap One tends to give out smaller SLs on the Savor One, especially if your credit isn’t flawless. If you really want the card, and do get it, it MAY grow for you, but there’s no way of knowing. If you want to be sure to get a good SL from Cap One, wait until your credit is in GREAT shape (and your income is good), and apply for a Venture or Savor or something. 

Good luck!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are bucketed which Cap1 loves to do, Im stuck at $4,500. Got another denial that my credit use is too low, before it was credit use too high. Screw Cap1, my subprime days are over and they will not get any new business from me or a triple pull for a Savor One that I am have been prequalified at 24% even with my credit scores in the 800s. My old card has served its purpose for credit history, now its time to use it for payment history only.  There are way better cards out there for you, dont bother with trying to get a CLI with Cap1, you will just become annoyed.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed don't waste time with Cap 1.use them for payment history like Fenderguy said.
Message 9 of 12
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous, as long as you don't have a lot of new accounts, your report should position you for a decent limit on a SavorOne.

What you want to zero in on is the QuicksilverOne card. There's nothing wrong with keeping a 1.5k limit card around to anchor your AoOA (age of oldest account). But you want to lose the annual fee.

If you haven't done so, call in or chat today to see if you have upgrade offers. If you don't have an offer, keep checking every month. Also, use the card each month. It can be for something small, and you can pay off the charge right away if you like. A handful of datapoints indicate that consecutive months of usage might be the key to upgrading a QS1. I was able to upgrade two QS1s after 12 or 13 consecutive months of usage.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.