Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Capital One Savor Launching Soon

tag
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: New Capital One CC launching soon

You would need to spend $2,375 on dining each year to cover the AF. I might barely do that, but that is just breaking even. Nothing at all earned.

Message 21 of 392
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I imagine the WEMC has a lot to do with AF and now its 4% back.

It could be worth the AF for a true Foodie.

$500 sub goes a long way towards AFs.

If they really wanted to make some waves...

4% + 2% on everything for Savor

4% + 1% on everything for SavorOne

3% on everything towards travel credit for Venture

2% cash back on QuickSilver

1% cash back on QuickSilverOne

AFs could easily be justified and they could lose the SUBs.

That would be pretty bold and awesome.

I will be quite impressed if current Savor customers are grandfathered in with no AF with the 4% back.

I am grandfathered in for $59 AF on Venture, so anything is possible.

I just PC'd from Venture WMC to Savor WEMC before the announcement. 

Fingers crossed.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 22 of 392
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

I will be quite impressed if current Savor customers are grandfathered in with no AF with the 4% back.

I am grandfathered in for $59 AF on Venture, so anything is possible.

I just PC'd from Venture WMC to Savor WEMC before the announcement. 

Fingers crossed.

So according to doc existing cards members will be grandfathered in at no AF which makes this great for us current holders.

Message 23 of 392
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

This would have been a no-brainer for me if not for the annual fee. (I felt the same thing with AMEX's Cash Magnet... should have been 2%). It seems like a great card with 4% cashback, but I reckon with my spending on restaurants, I'll get a better deal with my Costco Visa with no AF : which by the way, makes the regular Savor (now SavorOne) pointless for me.

Message 24 of 392
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is "entertainment"? 

Is it movies, or plays, or going to a Cubs game?

Or iit is something stupid, like buying tickets for something online, like a concert, at a discount?

What is a qualified entertainment purchase?
For the purposes of this product, it is defined as a purchase made within the categories of movie theaters, record stores, video rentals (excluding digital streaming and subscriptions services), tourist attractions, amusement parks, aquariums, zoos, dance halls, billiard and pool establishments, bowling alleys and ticketed events (e.g., live theater, bands, orchestras and commercial sports operations).

All the details are listed in the Schumer Box below the label "Rate and fee information"

Message 25 of 392
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

You would need to spend $2,375 on dining each year to cover the AF. I might barely do that, but that is just breaking even. Nothing at all earned.

Not even. If you have the regular Savor at 3%, you would've earned $71.25 with the same spending vs $0. So this card is pretty silly to me other than the SUB and then downgrade. You'd actually have to spend at least $9.5k a year in 4% categories to break even with the 3% Savor. From that point, that's when you start beating the no AF card. I have the regular Savor, so unless I get grandfathered in for the 4% card, I'm keeping it the way it is. 

Message 26 of 392
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

Not even. If you have the regular Savor at 3%, you would've earned $71.25 with the same spending vs $0. So this card is pretty silly to me other than the SUB and then downgrade. You'd actually have to spend at least $9.5k a year in 4% categories to break even with the 3% Savor. From that point, that's when you start beating the no AF card. I have the regular Savor, so unless I get grandfathered in for the 4% card, I'm keeping it the way it is. 

This is what I was thinking as well. $9500 for the 1% bump.

Message 27 of 392
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Well thats good news if it sticks for 4% and no annual fee for us current Savor holders. I got it when it came out 04/17 for 10k and its a WEMC. Least for new cardholders it isnt listed in the rebuilders/sub prime catagory on the page as a Savor 1 like QS 1. But $95 a year? Glad my Venture was grandfathered at $59 a year.

Message 28 of 392
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jetboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What is "entertainment"? 

Is it movies, or plays, or going to a Cubs game?

Or iit is something stupid, like buying tickets for something online, like a concert, at a discount?

What is a qualified entertainment purchase?
For the purposes of this product, it is defined as a purchase made within the categories of movie theaters, record stores, video rentals (excluding digital streaming and subscriptions services), tourist attractions, amusement parks, aquariums, zoos, dance halls, billiard and pool establishments, bowling alleys and ticketed events (e.g., live theater, bands, orchestras and commercial sports operations).

All the details are listed in the Schumer Box below the label "Rate and fee information"

No good for me, then. This is why I was interested in Sync's Marvel MC (still am, actually, once my scores get better); it gives 3% on media purchases, including bookstores and video games - and I buy a lot of books and do at least one spree a year on Steam, usually when they have one of their big sales going, but don't usually purchase live entertainment.

Message 29 of 392
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Capital One Savor rewards structure / bonus

@Anonymous wrote:
Looks like the old savor is removed and replaced with a $95 AF version with a $500 sign on bonus with $3k/3 months. It’s now unlimited 4% on dining and entertainment, grocery rewards unchanged.

Can this really justify the $95 AF? After your sign on bonus has come and gone. Uber Visa is $0 AF for 4% dining and marvel is 3% with a $0 AF..

None of Capital One's credit cards justify an AF. 

It seems like they still haven't learned how to put a decent card offering out there. 

Message 30 of 392
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.