Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Card Timing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Card Timing

How soon after being approved for a Chase card would it be safe to grab a Discover balance transfer card? I've had my Chase account open for over a month now. I just don't want to spook Chase. I rather like my CSR.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: New Card Timing

Assuming your signature is correct you should be fine applying for a Discover card. I would recommend if you do that you let your new cards age for a bit by gardening for awhile. Next year would probably be best to make sure you clear the SP checks Chase will do for the next few months

Message 2 of 5
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

Go ahead and apply now the only issue is that this takes away a slot from the 5/24 rule, and if you don't need anymore chase cards in the near future don't worry 

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Cap One Savor One
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

Assuming your signature is correct you should be fine applying for a Discover card. I would recommend if you do that you let your new cards age for a bit by gardening for awhile. Next year would probably be best to make sure you clear the SP checks Chase will do for the next few months

Chase's SP's are what I was wondering about. I know they've checked a few times since I've opened the account.

Message 4 of 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Chase's SP's are what I was wondering about. I know they've checked a few times since I've opened the account.

Yeah, that will continue for a period of about 8 weeks I believe

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.