Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Card or Balance Transfer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Card or Balance Transfer?

for some reason my reply has vanished?

anyway, i would pay down the nfcu asap and as soon as the util is below 30%, then you could try another credit union.  Only because they generally validate income and are more leniant with scores.

capital one is not a wise idea, the days of high limit approvals are lessening.  besides its only 9 months 0% anyway.  

what is the apr on the nfcu card?  maybe they would qualify you for a personal loan with a lower rate?

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Card or Balance Transfer?

I'm with @jfriend

You gotta pay down that Navy account
Can't quite understand why your CLs with Cap1 are so low after so much time $300?

Anyway, see if you can make a dent....

I also would suggest reconsidering some form of PL to chop down some of that balance

You most likely won't qualify for a loan big enough to retire the whole thing at once but paying some of that amount without the entire debt will save on overall %

Bottom line it's a big debt no matter how we slice it.

The other benefit of moving as much as possible, say 5, 7, 10k whatever you can OFF your CC lowers your debt ratio and I'm turn may qualify you for better terms and products

You'll have zero chance at qualifying for if the entire balance continues to overburden your revolving utilization.

IMO those are 2 strong reasons to get as much of that debt off the CC

See if Navy or another lender would allow you to rescue yourself with a decent sized PL...then with the improved profile you may qualify for a big BT offer?

Good Luck
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.