Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CareCredit MasterCard Promo

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

New CareCredit MasterCard Promo

I just got an email regarding a new CareCredit MasterCard promo that looks pretty good... spend $250 and earn 2500 bonus points (worth a $25 statement credit). 

CareCreditPromo.png

My account is currently on a double points promo through the end of the year as well, which is 4x for groceries instead of the usual 2x, so if this stacks with that it will be nice, indeed.  Even if it doesn't stack getting 10x points on $250 is nothing to complain about.  Smiley Happy

ETA:  Note that there's a bit of fine-print that excludes in-network purchases, so this seems to be meant to encourage MasterCard swipes, not use at an in-network provider (i.e. you can't stack this with promotional financing).

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New CareCredit MasterCard Promo

lucky sob having the MC Smiley Happy..  Hoping they upgrade me here in a year or so as a valuable card to have, but could be better as a MC and i would take a new account for it as well

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

lucky sob having the MC Smiley Happy..  Hoping they upgrade me here in a year or so as a valuable card to have, but could be better as a MC and i would take a new account for it as well

I’m in same boat. Just got mine 2 months ago for some expensive dental work.  When I applied the 2 dentists I am dealing with both accepted CareCredit.  Find out that first doctor stopped accepting it a week before my surgery and doctor #2 apparently gets whacked with a 8% surcharge for patients using it.  So I was faced with either using it for doctor #2 or paying with regular credit card and getting a 5% discount which resulted in a $1200 saving.  Of course I chose the latter.  Additionally the vet we use for our 4 dogs doesn’t take it so now I’m stuck with basically useless $15.5k Synchrony card.  The MasterCard would be a nice upgrade 

Message 3 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I’m in same boat. Just got mine 2 months ago for some expensive dental work.  When I applied the 2 dentists I am dealing with both accepted CareCredit.  Find out that first doctor stopped accepting it a week before my surgery and doctor #2 apparently gets whacked with a 8% surcharge for patients using it.  So I was faced with either using it for doctor #2 or paying with regular credit card and getting a 5% discount which resulted in a $1200 saving.  Of course I chose the latter.  Additionally the vet we use for our 4 dogs doesn’t take it so now I’m stuck with basically useless $15.5k Synchrony card.  The MasterCard would be a nice upgrade 

Yep I happened to see how much my dentist got charged for using carecredit and it was outrageous if i would of known this i would of negotiated another method of payment whether cash or another card as the provider gets hit with whatever plan they choose to offer you carecredit/sync doesn't eat it by any means!  I saw an itemized bill afterwards and for some reason they showed the carecredit fee they were charged on it.

kinda surprised the vet doesn't take it though..  

carecredit certainly does have a monopoly of sorts in the market they serve.

Message 4 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I'm definitely interested in eventually getting the MC upgrade, but it likely won't happen until (a) I release some exposure with them (possible if I lower some CLs since I'm at their max), or (b) if the Walmart portfolio gets acquired by Capital One which will free things up.

I have noticed that a variety of providers have shied away from accepting the CareCredit program altogether (or charge extra), but plenty of RiteAid locations (thankfully) still accept it 😁
Message 5 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I admit I've been surprised with how useful the MC version has been; with points for grocery doubled from 2x to 4x through the end of the year it's been my go-to for Walmart purchases.  Smiley Happy

The upgrade was a slight AAoA ding due to how Synchrony reports their upgrades (ugh), but it's turning out to be worth it. 

I do wish the upgrade path was a bit more clear... it seems that for now it's a bit luck-of-the-draw.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 8
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Interesting, I got the offer but spend $100 get 2500 points.

Message 7 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

These must be targeted offers.  I didn't get one this time, although I have successfully completed a few of their offers in the past.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.