Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Chase Account

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: New Chase Account

@smallfry wrote:

Chase doesn't backdate the only one I have ever heard of badkdating is AmEx and to be honest the practice is not right. Another blatant abuse of the credit system.

I'll wait for Deb Walden to tell me  Chase won't backdate accounts. 

Message 21 of 42
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Have at it, no one is standing in your way. Smiley Happy

The reason that AmEx can backdate is that they term their cardholders "members." The date on the card means "member since," so they can honestly say that even though you got the card in the mail two days ago, you've been a member since 1994 or whatever, and therefore that's the year you get. (A bit sketchy about this happening with AU's, and my understanding is that some get lucky and get the member's original year, but most don't. Whatever.)

All other lenders report when that account was opened; thus, no back-dating.

I agree with PP that the Kroger 1-2-3 card date was a different issue. In that case, the account really was opened at whatever date showed for RBS, and US Bank simply took it over. Huge thumbs up for your part in getting US Bank to change on that one, but I think the Chase bit is a whole 'nother issue.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 22 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

So far so good!    I need to spend just $300 more to get my $100  bonus from Chase.  Then, I will sockdrawer the card and continue with PenFed.

Message 23 of 42
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

Chase doesn't backdate the only one I have ever heard of badkdating is AmEx and to be honest the practice is not right. Another blatant abuse of the credit system.

I'll wait for Deb Walden to tell me  Chase won't backdate accounts. 

Good luck widdat but I wish you the best of luck.

Message 24 of 42
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Have at it, no one is standing in your way. Smiley Happy

The reason that AmEx can backdate is that they term their cardholders "members." The date on the card means "member since," so they can honestly say that even though you got the card in the mail two days ago, you've been a member since 1994 or whatever, and therefore that's the year you get. (A bit sketchy about this happening with AU's, and my understanding is that some get lucky and get the member's original year, but most don't. Whatever.)

All other lenders report when that account was opened; thus, no back-dating.

I agree with PP that the Kroger 1-2-3 card date was a different issue. In that case, the account really was opened at whatever date showed for RBS, and US Bank simply took it over. Huge thumbs up for your part in getting US Bank to change on that one, but I think the Chase bit is a whole 'nother issue.

Sounds like the Bill Clinton definition of is is but who am I to argue?

Message 25 of 42
veracious
Established Contributor

Just to add to the fracas  Smiley Wink

Check this out, Deb Walden is a ficticious name--->http://getsatisfaction.com/chase/topics/chase_wont_stop_sending_credit_card_offers_deb_walden

Just for the record,  no harm intended:s :Smiley Tongue Smiley Tongue

DI
Super Contributor

@veracious wrote:

Check this out, Deb Walden is a ficticious name--->http://getsatisfaction.com/chase/topics/chase_wont_stop_sending_credit_card_offers_deb_walden

No its not.  She's the VP of Customer Service and a graduate of University of Miami in Coral Gables, FL  

Message 27 of 42
veracious
Established Contributor

@DI wrote:

@veracious wrote:

No its not.  She's the VP of Customer Service and a graduate of University of Miami in Coral Gables, FL  

Yeah, the link I included  showed her picture, (if that's really her picture),Smiley Wink and i was only razzing you. Chill, OK?

BTW ,good luck in your endeavors.

DI
Super Contributor

My focus is getting my $100 bonus.  I  can careless about the backdating issue.  Thank you all for your comments. 

Message 29 of 42
veracious
Established Contributor

You're Welcome.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.