Re: New Chase Account

Thanks.  I called and the system gave me the info, approved for $1500 at 17.xx%

Message 11 of 42
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@DI wrote:

@jthedges wrote:

If they will backdate I would die!  But please try and report back, I would have to send you a gift basket full of assorted goodies if you could get this to happen.

It may take some time if they don't do backdating.   I'm sure there's going to be some resistance initially.   I'll have to send a few letters to the right people.   In the meantime, I'm still waiting to receive my card.

They do NOT backdate accounts and you'll be wasting your time trying to get them to do something they don't do.  They are VERY rigid and at times can be difficult to deal with.  I stay under the radar as much as I can as they are notorious for cutting people off and not thinking twice about it.  You really do not want to bring negative attention to yourself as it might come back to bite you in the end.  I'd concentrate my energies on issuers with more liberal business practices if you want generous CLI and the like.  Chase is just not one of them.  Tread lightly and they'll treat you well.  I, myself, have a number of accounts with them as I like their products and feel they've treated me very good considering.

Just my two cents and you can take it for what it's worth but, honestly, who needs the aggravation. Smiley Wink

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 12 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

@jefftca925 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@jthedges wrote:

If they will backdate I would die!  But please try and report back, I would have to send you a gift basket full of assorted goodies if you could get this to happen.

It may take some time if they don't do backdating.   I'm sure there's going to be some resistance initially.   I'll have to send a few letters to the right people.   In the meantime, I'm still waiting to receive my card.

They do NOT backdate accounts and you'll be wasting your time trying to get them to do something they don't do.  They are VERY rigid and at times can be difficult to deal with.  I stay under the radar as much as I can as they are notorious for cutting people off and not thinking twice about it.  You really do not want to bring negative attention to yourself as it might come back to bite you in the end.  I'd concentrate my energies on issuers with more liberal business practices if you want generous CLI and the like.  Chase is just not one of them.  Tread lightly and they'll treat you well.  I, myself, have a number of accounts with them as I like their products and feel they've treated me very good considering.

Just my two cents and you can take it for what it's worth but, honestly, who needs the aggravation. Smiley Wink

I've heard those same type of comments about the Kroger 123 situation.  And in the end, I got the dates changed back to the original opening dates.  So, we'll see.  Plus, I don't owe Chase anything.  So, there's nothing to be affraid of.  I do not live my life for or around Chase. 

Message 13 of 42
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@DI wrote:

@jefftca925 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@jthedges wrote:

I've heard those same type of comments about the Kroger 123 situation.  And in the end, I got the dates changed back to the original opening dates.  So, we'll see.  Plus, I don't owe Chase anything.  So, there's nothing to be affraid of.  I do not live my life for or around Chase. 

The situation regarding Kroger and US Bank is different from what you are trying to get from Chase.  If this was a new app for a new card then you're barking up the wrong tree.  But if you have nothing to fear and feel that it's worth all of the letter writing, then do it.  But I'm curious... why do you think Chase should backdate your card for you?

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 14 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

Now, I understand what  it  means to be a "naysayer."    Nothing is wrong with trying. 

Message 15 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

If I added my brother as an AU, will the Chase account show on his credit reports?  When I added him via Chase's website, I wasn't asked for the SSN. 

Message 16 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

@jthedges wrote:

Get that coffin ready.  But get my gift basket first! Smiley Very Happy I am in talks with Chase about the backdating issue.  Right now, they're talking about upholding the integrity of the credit reporting system.  I figured they would say that. I wonder how bad they would like to beat American Express in the J.D. Power and  Associate  study.Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 42
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@jefftca925 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@jthedges wrote:

Agree 100%. I was lucky enoug to get a starting limit with them 4 years ago with a 7 yo BK7 still showing. I got a 5K increase to 10K the next year like almost 3 years ago. I just don't want to mess with them and in my circumstances taking another EX hard inq for 5-10K at most just doesn't make any sense. They are just OK I consider them a prime lender along with AmEx and Citi but they are nothing special. I stay under their radar use the card every 2 months and have no problems.

Message 18 of 42
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Chase doesn't backdate the only one I have ever heard of badkdating is AmEx and to be honest the practice is not right. Another blatant abuse of the credit system.

Message 19 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.