cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Chase Visa / Back-date for Current Chase Card Holder?

tag
boardworks
Established Member

New Chase Visa / Back-date for Current Chase Card Holder?

Hi all -- I have had a Providian -> WaMu -> Chase Visa since 1999.  After the Chase acqusition of WaMu, they converted my card to a $250 CL (was $2k) and a super high interest rate.  I have since applied and was approved for a Marriott Rewards Visa from Chase with a TBD CL, expecting to get my card next week.

My question is this -- since I have been a Chase card holder via heritage since 1999, will they back-date my new account?  I don't want the stupid old card with that tiny CL, and would love to have the account reflect a proper like-for-like switch from my old Providian product.

Thanks in advance!

Rebuilding my credit since 2/2007; starting scores:
TU 584 | EQ 572 | EX 591
Scores as of 7/2011:
TU 738 | EQ 707 | EX 730 (Experian PLUS Score)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: New Chase Visa / Back-date for Current Chase Card Holder?

As far as I know, only AMEX does back-dating. Maybe others have different experience

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
BluMoon
New Contributor

To my knowledge and experience, Chase doesn't backdate.  Amex provides true customer service - viewing the customer as establishing an account/accounts and maybe having various methods of accessing the account(s), i.e. different Amex cards (although each will have different card numbers and credit limits).  In other words, Amex places the emphasis on the customer.  Others place the emphasis on the accounts.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@boardworks wrote:

Hi all -- I have had a Providian -> WaMu -> Chase Visa since 1999.  After the Chase acqusition of WaMu, they converted my card to a $250 CL (was $2k) and a super high interest rate.  I have since applied and was approved for a Marriott Rewards Visa from Chase with a TBD CL, expecting to get my card next week.

My question is this -- since I have been a Chase card holder via heritage since 1999, will they back-date my new account?  I don't want the stupid old card with that tiny CL, and would love to have the account reflect a proper like-for-like switch from my old Providian product.

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried calling Chase?  Maybe what happened with your old WaMu card was a glitch or something done unintentionally.

Message 4 of 6
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I had a Chase Platinum about 8 years ago and canceled chase about 5 years ago. I recently got the OPP card in November/December and I asked about backdating and they don't do it.

Citi puts "Member since" on your card, but it only stays if you PC. Otherwise, you open a new account it says Member since '11. Stinks...Smiley Sad

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 5 of 6
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Can you asks to PC the old card to something else, and ask for a CLI?

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.