Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Commenity Credit Card?

tag
The_Gazelle12
New Contributor

New Commenity Credit Card?

(I'm not sure where to post this). I received an email from ForEver21 inviting me to apply.  I checked out the info for the card and it appears they have two versions (one being a Visa).  The apr for the store card is 27% and the Visa is a whopping 25%.  There's a 15% discount for your first purchase, 3 points per dollar spent, 2 points for restaurants I believe and then 1 point for everything else.  I know Commenity has been on the decline due to the unspoken, but this card may be a good fit for those who are looking to rebuild and I thought I'd share.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Commenity Credit Card?

If you do a lot of shopping at Forever21 and pay your bills in full every time, it may work for some people.

Just as long as you don't SCT yourself into 20 cards you'll never use, Comenity can be just fine.  They just freak out if people get a ton of accounts (particularly new accounts) and feel like you're over-exposed or that they've extended you too much credit.  

Message 2 of 5
The_Gazelle12
New Contributor

Looks like someone posted about this card back in July/August. Thanks for the reply though.
Message 3 of 5
LShan82
Regular Contributor

why is commenity on the decline?  What's the unspoken?  

Current Scores 11/2016:Equifax 8: 688 TransU 8: 675 Xperian 8: 674 Cards: Penfed Promise Visa Barclay Reward MasterCard American Express Blue Cash Rewards Nordstrom
Message 4 of 5
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Search Comenity I these boards.  A lot of AA all over the place.  

But truthfully, there ok as kind as you don't "misbehave." 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.