Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Credit card Report date... question

tag
Sabrian31487
Regular Contributor

New Credit card Report date... question

Usually how long does it take for a new credit card to report? 

Discover IT 02/2013 (1000.00),Chase Freedom 02/2013 (3000.00),AmEx Blue Cash Everyday 06/2013 (3000.00)
Citi Simplicity 06/2013 (1000.00)
TU FICO - 718 , CK TU - 738 , Credit.com EX - 727, Quizzle.com - 720, CreditSesame.com - 720

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: New Credit card Report date... question

It depends on the creditor, but usually after the 1st or 2nd statement.   There are a few that report nearly immediately after card approval, even before any statements, but this is unusual.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 7
red259
Super Contributor

If a new card reports after two months for example, when it reports will it report not only the current month but the prior two months as well?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 7
HiLine
Blogger

@red259 wrote:

If a new card reports after two months for example, when it reports will it report not only the current month but the prior two months as well?

No, although the positive history in the first month will be reported on Equifax, but not on TransUnion or Experian, in my experience.

Message 4 of 7
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Well no, creditors only report information for the current month.... they are reproting statement balance, credit limit, high balance, account type, open date, etc... And they report a bad history if your previous month's bill is past 30 days late.

The open date remains the month that your card was opened; Regardless of whether or not it took 2 months to show on the credit report, your open date is the same.  FICO uses this open date to calculate AAoA.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 5 of 7
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

My card that took 2 months to report (Capital One) reported all positive history to all three bureaus. So perhaps it is a YMMV thing, but I haven't heard such complaints about missing out on positive history from other posters before.

If you let us know which lender you are referring to, we can give you more specific information. We see pretty much every major credit card (and a few not so major ones, too) on these forums, so we get a good idea of their business practices.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 6 of 7
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
My card that took 2 months to report (Capital One) reported all positive history to all three bureaus. So perhaps it is a YMMV thing, but I haven't heard such complaints about missing out on positive history from other posters before.

If you let us know which lender you are referring to, we can give you more specific information. We see pretty much every major credit card (and a few not so major ones, too) on these forums, so we get a good idea of their business practices.

it definitely is YMMV. My original Cap One Platinum rewards reported after the 2nd statement. However the Cap One Cash Rewards card reported after my 1st statement cut.

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.