Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dining + Entertainment Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USB Altitude Go: 5-7 day message

Good luck on your application with US Bank!

I have my eyes on the Venmo card too.

Message 21 of 23
summerterrace
Regular Contributor

Re: New Dining + Entertainment Card

@CreditAggie wrote:

One other option you could look into is the Bank of America Cash Rewards. It has the ability to choose a 3% category. Two of those are dining and online shopping. If you primarily order food online or through delivery apps such as DoorDash, the online shopping category would cover both dining and streaming.

The only downside to this card is that there is a $2500 quarterly spending cap for the 3% category so if you spend more than that on dining and streaming in a quarter, this might not be the best option. 

Streaming counts as online shopping?  I have been debating this card but the 2% categories to me are worthless.  3% online shopping and streaming might make it more worth it! 

US Bank Altitude Reserve, Delta Gold Am Ex, PenFed Power Cash Rewards, PenFed Pathfinder, Navy Federal Flagship, Chase Freedom, IHG Rewards Club Premier, Marriott Bonvoy Premier
Message 22 of 23
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: New Dining + Entertainment Card

@summerterrace wrote:

@CreditAggie wrote:

One other option you could look into is the Bank of America Cash Rewards. It has the ability to choose a 3% category. Two of those are dining and online shopping. If you primarily order food online or through delivery apps such as DoorDash, the online shopping category would cover both dining and streaming.

The only downside to this card is that there is a $2500 quarterly spending cap for the 3% category so if you spend more than that on dining and streaming in a quarter, this might not be the best option. 

Streaming counts as online shopping?  I have been debating this card but the 2% categories to me are worthless.  3% online shopping and streaming might make it more worth it! 

Correct, streaming counts as online shopping on the BofA Cash Rewards! This is the card I put those subscriptions on when it isn't a 5% quarter on Chase or Disco. 

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.