cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Disco offer added BestBuy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Card with 5% back at Best Buy! Limited time!

I think the better question is which Discover cardholders haven't seen this offer yet?  I'm wondering if it is targeted or just a blanket offer to all.

Message 11 of 21
Hex
Valued Contributor

Looks like everyone got it. Even better!
85C61116-7D1B-4F19-B50A-77988FEBA1FC.png

Message 12 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think the better question is which Discover cardholders haven't seen this offer yet?  I'm wondering if it is targeted or just a blanket offer to all.

Imma gonna go with blanket offer  ...

Message 13 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I got the email last night too. I wont share a screenshot lol i think thats been covered haha. I wouldnt mind using this to buy a washer  and putting it on my new 0% apr promo i just got on my Chrome, though id have to check email on which card was it offered. There are only 2 Best Buys left here and i still dislike the fact i cant order online from BestBuy since they dont ship hereSmiley Sad. Happy TDay everyoneSmiley Happy

Message 14 of 21
vic6string
Regular Contributor

Re: New Disco offer added BestBuy

Of course this offer came literally the day after I bought a $450 laptop at Best Buy on another card. Oh well, it is what it is. I will say, 5% during the Black Friday season at Walmart, Target, Amazon and Best Buy make this probably the best Christmas shopping card on the market!

Message 15 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@vic6string wrote:

5% during the Black Friday season at Walmart, Target, Amazon and Best Buy make this probably the best Christmas shopping card on the market!

Both of my IT cards have been getting tons of spend, mostly at Amazon.

But Best Buy is next on the list, Samsung Galaxy tablets for my daughters.

Maybe I will get an auto-CLISmiley Tongue

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Off topic, but those of you that are familiar with Best Buy, how do you find their prices?  It's been probably a decade since I've bought something there, as I've always seemed to find a better price for the same item elsewhere.  I'm not a huge electronics guy, but every couple of years I'll need a new something... TV, receiver, etc. and always end up pulling the trigger elsewhere due to pricing.

Message 17 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Off topic, but those of you that are familiar with Best Buy, how do you find their prices?  It's been probably a decade since I've bought something there, as I've always seemed to find a better price for the same item elsewhere.  I'm not a huge electronics guy, but every couple of years I'll need a new something... TV, receiver, etc. and always end up pulling the trigger elsewhere due to pricing.

@Anonymous, Best Buy does have a price match. (as well as a few other places)

https://www.rather-be-shopping.com/blog/best-buy-price-match/

Message 18 of 21
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've bought an external hard drive and a WiFi router there. Both were very popular models sold by many retailers. Best Buy pricing was quite uniform with other retailers.

Every now and then I look at getting a new desktop tower. Best Buy has great selection, but money doesn't seem to go nearly as far in buying a powerful machine as it does at Costco. Price matching doesn't apply as two towers are never quite identical...even if one is clearly a better value than the other.

My main complaint is that they accepted an order for same-day in-store pickup for an item that they didn't have in stock. I canceled the order and bought it on Amazon.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

I've never been a fan of price match.  Price beat, I'm all in; If a retailer tells me if I bring the price from a competitor to them and they'll beat it by 5%-10% they've got a deal.  Price match in and of itself doesn't really benefit me.  I'd rather just purchase it from the place I found the better price at originally, all other things being equal of course.  My take on it is that if I'm able to find a better price somewhere, the teams of people working for Best Buy or whoever that have the job of looking up [competitors] prices are already aware that X product can be aquired cheaper elsewhere and they choose to keep their price at the (not)Best Buy. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.