cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Discover $500 cashback bonus offer...

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

New Discover $500 cashback bonus offer...

Just received a promo in the mail for $500 cashback for spending $3,000/month for the next several (6) months.  Says something about wanting me to switch over some of my spending onto the Discover card.

Asks me to call in to enroll.  

Anyone gonna take them up on this deal?  (Can't imagine anyone would)

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: New Discover $500 cashback bonus offer...

damn that's a nice deal.

Basically a nice discount for $3000 worth of purchase.

I don't have this offer :/

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 13
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Just received a promo in the mail for $500 cashback for spending $3,000 per month for the next several months.  Says something about wanting me to switch over some of my spending onto the Discover card.

Asks me to call in to enroll.  

Anyone gonna take them up on this deal?

I called to see if I could get this, and they said my account was not eligible...Smiley Sad. Good for you, though!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 13
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Lucky you! I hope I get this too.

Message 4 of 13
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Did the offer say 3000 per month for so many months, or did it just say spend three thousand in so many months? I've only seen the former offers and recently ignored the one they sent me. It was equal to about 3% cashback, but it is just too much of a hassle. If you miss the spend for even one month you get nothing.

Message 5 of 13
Open123
Super Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Did the offer say 3000 per month for so many months, or did it just say spend three thousand in so many months? I've only seen the former offers and recently ignored the one they sent me. It was equal to about 3% cashback, but it is just too much of a hassle. If you miss the spend for even one month you get nothing.

Just browsed it when I got home last night, but I think it was $3,000 in the next 6 months.  Like the Citi Forward, I'm assuming it's per month.  I'll look when I get downstairs later and call them to confirm it.

Will post back.

Message 6 of 13
Open123
Super Contributor

Navigatethis12 is right.  

It's each calendar month for $3K.  Ah...er...not exactly a good offer!  LOL

Message 7 of 13
JonStur
Established Contributor

Yea I'll pass on this one....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 8 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

wait, so spend 3k EACH month for 12 months, to get $600? :/

so 36k worth of spend for $600 essentially?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 13
Open123
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

wait, so spend 3k EACH month for 12 months, to get $600? :/

so 36k worth of spend for $600 essentially?

Pretty much, except they want $3,000 per month for 6 consecutive months.  Basically, $18K for $500 cashback.  I wouldn't call this as much an "offer" as en masse direct marketing.

They should just send this to all of their cardmembers and hope 1 or 2 in 10,000 will bite.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.