Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Discover Card Feature?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Discover Card Feature?

I was checking my balances today and I noticed a new feature under the cash advance limit. It says "Credit health check". I tried to click it but nothing pops up. Can anyone tell me what this is about?

Please disregard my high balance....ill be paying that of in the next 3 months. lol

Current Balance$747.16 
Last Statement Balance$807.61 
Minimum Payment Due 08/02$ 0.00 
Cash Advance Credit Line Available Cash Advance Credit Line Available$1,700.00Get Cash Now
Credit Health Check  Check Now
Credit Line Available $ 1,716.00Credit Line $ 2,500
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Discover Card Feature?

Just logged in and dont have that button. Did you sign up for there credit monitoring?

Message 2 of 14
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I have their monitoring service but I do not have the credit health check feature

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not at all. I just use my Discover card for purchases.  I use a credit monitoring service with Fifth Third Bank.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked, no button for me either.

Message 5 of 14
tray
Valued Contributor

I just checked my account too, and I do not have that feature,  when you find out give an update, thanks

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious, which Discover do you have? I have the More.

Message 7 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I don't have this either. I did a search at the Discover site but nothing came up for "credit health check".

So I don't know what that means.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 8 of 14
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was checking my balances today and I noticed a new feature under the cash advance limit. It says "Credit health check". I tried to click it but nothing pops up. Can anyone tell me what this is about?

Please disregard my high balance....ill be paying that of in the next 3 months. lol

Current Balance$747.16 
Last Statement Balance$807.61 
Minimum Payment Due 08/02$ 0.00 
Cash Advance Credit Line Available Cash Advance Credit Line Available$1,700.00Get Cash Now
Credit Health Check  Check Now
Credit Line Available $ 1,716.00Credit Line $ 2,500

All they've done was changed the name to entice the reluctant ones to monitor their credit reports.  Credit health check is the same monitoring product that Discover has been offering for some time.  Since members now have more access to  free credit scores , Discover is changing the marketing language for its credit monitoring products.  Rather than saying monitor your scores, they now suggesting one to check their credit health.   

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So does that mean I get to access my scores for free? Ugh I still cant access it. I click on it and nothing pops up.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.