Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MACYS CC Levels

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's Elite status ?

The tiers are different, I believe they were Red, Gold, Platinum and Elite at $2500. Now it's Red, Elite and Premier Elite at $1000. So it's pretty new, check out http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/New-MACYS-CC-Levels/td-p/2787635/page/2 for the existing thread about the change.

Message 21 of 35
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: New MACYS CC Levels

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

rep told me that all cards will now be RED color

Yeah, just got the email today. It mentions: We decided to simplify our new program and make red the color of all our Macy's Credit Cards. Why? So we can focus on the many great benefits you deserve as a valued Macy's Cardholder.

Message 22 of 35
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Yeah, just got the email today. It mentions: We decided to simplify our new program and make red the color of all our Macy's Credit Cards. Why? So we can focus on the many great benefits you deserve as a valued Macy's Cardholder.

Same here.  Wonder if they'll reissue all the cards.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 23 of 35
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Guess I should dust mine off and use it so I can at least get past the first level. Smiley Sad

Absolutely, you should!  If you don't use the card enough, they'll CLD and ultimately close it.   I had the older Visa version that they CLD down to $300 and then closed completely, not issuing an Amex when they converted,.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 24 of 35
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
Oh I don't think they will do away with black!
The basic will be back to red though instead of the white for Amex and others for store

I'm 100% OK with staying red...  it makes the card stand out as unique, so it's easier to find when I do shop at Macys.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 25 of 35
randeman
Frequent Contributor

@randeman wrote:

I called Macy's to ask about this.  The woman I spoke with says there has been no change in criteria:

Red card: $1-$499

Gold card: $500-$999

Platinum: $1000-$2499

Black: $2500+

I will lose my Black card after this year.  I have all the clothes and such I could possibly need.

Wow...yesterday I got an e-mail disputing this with the new criteria.  Macy's need to get their employee's $&*@ together.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 26 of 35
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:
Oh I don't think they will do away with black!
The basic will be back to red though instead of the white for Amex and others for store

I'm 100% OK with staying red...  it makes the card stand out as unique, so it's easier to find when I do shop at Macys.

Except for the fact I have a State Farm Visa that's just as red!  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 27 of 35
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

Same here.  Wonder if they'll reissue all the cards.  

i just got the email today.  i currently have a black  macy's AMEXP - my email said Elite status.

i guess i'll soon find out if they will re-issue/change the color of the cards since mine expires next month (Mar)

Message 28 of 35
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@Imua wrote:

i just got the email today.  i currently have a black  macy's AMEXP - my email said Elite status.

i guess i'll soon find out if they will re-issue/change the color of the cards since mine expires next month (Mar)

so, just got my RED macy's AmEx card in the mail

(card change from black to red)

Message 29 of 35
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

My mom requested a card replacement and when the card arrived it was the same Black ELITE Level CC even the expiration date changed. it expired 09/15 but now it says 09/20. I think the new changes will apply to new cardembers  and later on i will refelct current cardmembers?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.