Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Member,Post BK approved cards information

tag
spade007
New Visitor

New Member,Post BK approved cards information

Hello everybody and long time reader first time poster,I figure I owe this gtreat community my very bumpy road to getting back on track with my credit and also give a little info on what worked for me so far which is not much,but I know there's a lot out there in same situation as me denied  after denied for credit,so IM going to post what I got and when after BK discharged in July 2011

warning:I applied and got like 20hits/inquiries on my report and I know that's a bad thing but I was desperate to rebuild,my score was 431 Equifax,Trans union 425,experian 463,so forward to today its still not the best but IM sitting at 564,589,599

the cards I have are:

Walmart --200 credit limit

Cap one---500 limit

cap one ----500 limit

cap one 750 limit

CFNA-Firestone--1400 limit

Khols----300 limit

Capital one Auto loan/blank check program--approved 20,100 at 17.99 percent interest 6 months after BK

originally had first premier and horizon secured cards oth at 300,closed them and score dropped about 20 points

so for those thinking and ned to rebuild ASAP,my process was secured card one month after bk(first premier,and horizon) I then waited 3 months and applied cap one got 300 limit and credit steps programs,2 months alter applied CFNA for 800 limit and then I applied for 2 more cap one and then walmart and then khols,I got all these cards with a low score of 507,don't know how much this posts helps but I know I see a lot of people asking which cards approve after bk ith low scores and that's my experience so far,thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: New Member,Post BK approved cards information

@spade007 wrote:

Hello everybody and long time reader first time poster,i figure i owe ths gtreat community my very bumpy road to getting back on track with my credit and also give a little info on what worked for me so far which is not much,but i know theres alot out there in same situation as me denied  after denied for credit,so im going to post what i got and when after BK discharged in july 2011

warning:i applied and got like 20hits/inquiries on my report and i know thats a bad thing but i was desperate to rebuild,my score was 431 Equifax,Trans union 425,experian 463,so forward to today its stil not the best but im sitting at 564,589,599

the cards i have are:

Walmart --200 credit limit

Cap one---500 limit

cap one ----500 limit

cap one 750 limit

CFNA-firestone--1400 limit

Khols----300 limit

oroginally had first premier and horizon secured cards oth at 300,closed them and score dropped about 20 points

so for those thinkin and ned to rebuild asap,my process was secured card one month after bk(first premier,and horizon) i then waited 3 months and applied cap one got 300 limit and credit steps programs,2 months alter applied CFNA for 800 limit and then i applied for 2 more cap one and then walmart and then khols,i got all these cards with a low score of 507,dont know how much this posts helps but i know i see alot of people asking which cards approve after bk ith low scores and thats my experience so far,thanks

Welcome to the forum

Congrats you are well on your way to a brighter financial future 

Keep up the good work 

I invite you to join the garden thread and plant those seedlings to age INQ's,cards and increase AAoA

Thanks for sharing 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! Thank you for your post. I'd like to suggest copying this over to the Rebuilding Forum too!
Message 3 of 4
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the forum. I am glad to see you are now posting rather than just reading. Everybody has their own unique experiences that we can all learn from so thank you. I would definetly suggest planting those seedlings and letting them grow. While the CL's are not as high as you may want, if you use the cards, pay them on time, and let them grow, you will find your score climbing in no time. 

I have been reading this forum for quite some time and have learned A LOT. Thanks to the wonderful people on myFICO forums, my score has increased substantually and I have become more comfortable with my credit. I generally do not like talking about my credit history with friends and family so this is the perfect place for me. You will get plenty of support with very few people judging. The people who do judge are just jerks, haha. 

Good luck in the future and we all hope to see your journey go to a positive place. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.