cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Nationwide Card Arrived Today...Any Tips?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Nationwide Card Arrived Today...Any Tips?

Lovely new shiny arrived in the mail today, but I haven't seen a lot of feedback from current cardholders regarding what Nationwide likes/dislikes. Any need to be careful about where I use it, how much I use it etc? Do they frown on carrying a balance? How about expectations on CLI's? Any info appreciated!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Nationwide Card Arrived Today...Any Tips?

@Anonymous wrote:
Lovely new shiny arrived in the mail today, but I haven't seen a lot of feedback from current cardholders regarding what Nationwide likes/dislikes. Any need to be careful about where I use it, how much I use it etc? Do they frown on carrying a balance? How about expectations on CLI's? Any info appreciated!

Take care when using your card outside of your normal geographical area.  I would make sure you notofy them in advance or they will block your account.

Other than that, they seem pretty good.  They do not mind multiple payments per month nor, it seems, running up large balances.  Not sure how they'd react if you carry over a balance to the following month, though. 

Message 2 of 3
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: New Nationwide Card Arrived Today...Any Tips?

From my experience, and I believe there were others in the Nationwide thread, if the card goes unused and out of the blue you decide to dust it off, the charges, in all likelihood, will be denied. It's something with their fraud department. Let me explain. I received the card in October 2009 and transferred a balance. Paid month to month and never used it except for maybe once or twice for a few dollars. In April of this year, I booked a trip on Priceline and used this card for the cashback, and it was denied. I call customer service and they said it was because the card was rarely used and all of a sudden, I used it for a big ticket purchase. They unlocked and all has been well since.

I carry a balance, I'm ashamed to say, but I pay all my cards pretty aggressively. They've given me one CLI from 10K to 11.5K around the 6 month mark. Cashback bonus is credited to your balance every month should you carry one.

Am I missing anything?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.