Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Old Navy (GAP Brands) CC soon

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Banana Republic Card being migrated to Barclays

@shane1978 wrote:

Is anyone have a limit over 10K on these cards. Thinking of asking for a limit increase before the migration. Sitting at 10K now.  Thoughts?

If your profile supports the CLI and feel there is a need for it before the full transition takes place, go for it. Once it's in Barclays hands, any customer-initiated CLI requests will be HP.

Message 21 of 56
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@shane1978 wrote:

Is anyone have a limit over 10K on these cards. Thinking of asking for a limit increase before the migration. Sitting at 10K now.  Thoughts?

If your profile supports the CLI and feel there is a need for it before the full transition takes place, go for it. Once it's in Barclays hands, any customer-initiated CLI requests will be HP.

IF it makes it to Barclay's hands Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Credit12Fico wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@shane1978 wrote:

IF it makes it to Barclay's hands Smiley Happy

Unless folks close their account before the transtion, I can see that being the case. Otherwise, I have yet to see any posts or DPs of any accounts in good standing not migrating to Barclays.

Message 23 of 56
blazerein
Established Contributor

Re: New Old Navy (GAP Brands) CC soon

I just read their website and it says:

"Most accounts will automatically be transferred to Barclays. However, there are certain accounts that will not be transferred as a result of account statuses such as (but not limited to) severe delinquency or Fraud"

What if you're blacklisted by Barclays like me?  ugh! crossing my fingers.

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 24 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@blazerein wrote:

I just read their website and it says:

"Most accounts will automatically be transferred to Barclays. However, there are certain accounts that will not be transferred as a result of account statuses such as (but not limited to) severe delinquency or Fraud"

What if you're blacklisted by Barclays like me?  ugh! crossing my fingers.

I think you'll be fine if you have received a notice of the transition. The disclaimer above basically covers any current SYNCB accounts that may not meet such criteria for the transfer. Once you cross to Barclays, receive the plastic, activate it, use it, then you should be good. But, by all means provide any updates as you transition since there are quite a few individuals who may be in a similar situation.

Message 25 of 56
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Barclay to resume Sychrony bank Cc

Hello FICO friends I wanted to share for those who have the Old navy or Gap cc in June Barclay bank will resume the Synchrony cc for both these store cards. Got the info from my sister who read the change on her Synchrony bank statement. The switch over to Barclays will be in effect June 2022..

Message 26 of 56
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay to resume Sychrony bank Cc

@gingerflower wrote:

Hello FICO friends I wanted to share for those who have the Old navy or Gap cc in June Barclay bank will resume the Synchrony cc for both these store cards. Got the info from my sister who read the change on her Synchrony bank statement. The switch over to Barclays will be in effect June 2022..

My condolences to those of you who have the card.

Message 27 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay to resume Sychrony bank Cc

@gdale6 wrote:

@gingerflower wrote:

My condolences to those of you who have the card.

Awww c'mon @gdale6 😂  15+ years with Barclays and I've never had any issues!  Now, that's not to say others haven't had some no-so-stellar experiences, but this definitely frees up my exposure with SYNCB. Plus, if I need to swap limits around, Barclays is always pretty flexible with reallocations.

Message 28 of 56
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

I received this message as well on my Old Navy card. However, Synch hates me! I closed 2 of their accounts and they paid me back with a CLD on my ON card taking me from a $6k CL down to a measly $200. Even though that was almost a year ago, not sure if they'll even transfer me to Barclay's. They may close my account all together don't you think? 

Message 29 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@redE2move wrote:

I received this message as well on my Old Navy card. However, Synch hates me! I closed 2 of their accounts and they paid me back with a CLD on my ON card taking me from a $6k CL down to a measly $200. Even though that was almost a year ago, not sure if they'll even transfer me to Barclay's. They may close my account all together don't you think? 

It's hard to say what they'll do, to be honest. If it transfers, it transfers, albeit with a $200 CL. What caused the CLD? Were you not using it? Was it due to other reasons such as high utilization on other tradelines, Vantage 4 score deterioration? Have you used it since the CLD? If so, then it's possible you can try a CLI while it's still SP -- before the blackout period.

Message 30 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.