Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Old Navy (GAP Brands) CC soon

tag
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Old Navy (GAP Brands) CC soon

I got my packet today too, I only have the old navy store card so assuming it'll stay the same but glad to get back in with Barkley after bankrupting a 1200 card woth them a long time ago.

@Mg11 If I may ask, how long ago was that BK?  I'm a little anxious about possibly losing my $3k BR Visa in the transition since Barclays was IIB in my CH7 filing for about $500 on a single tradeline.  While I'd love to backdoor my way back into Barclays, I haven't gotten a packet yet, just the general email about the transition that everyone seems to have gotten... if they'd kindly send a letter that they *aren't* going to transition a card, that'd be preferable to radio silence until mid-June.  I've already paid down my balance on this card substantially and plan to have a $0 balance by the deadline, so at least it won't be burdensome if account closure does come to pass.

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 41 of 56
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Fyi for anyone who has the Gap Inc Visa Signature (the Gap Brands "black card"), you'll carry over the permanent highest program status to the World version of whatever your original brand was. In the case of Banana Republic cards, which mine was originally, the permanent Icon status and the 2x points on all non-Brand/anywhere spend carries over to the World version.

Message 42 of 56
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Re: Banana Republic Card being migrated to Barclays

@dmFICO8 wrote:

@shane1978 wrote:

Is anyone have a limit over 10K on these cards. Thinking of asking for a limit increase before the migration. Sitting at 10K now.  Thoughts?

My Banana Republic Visa card is sitting at 10k, I tried CLI to 15K, denied, I tried 12k again next day, denied. Luckily they were SP. When I received the letters, only one reason was stated, "The requested amount exceeds the limits set by our credit policy". Not sure the limit is 10k or they stop account changes when it is about to transition.

@dmFICO8 Glad you mention this, as I have the exact same issue at the same 10k. From a prior discussion, I remember being told that 10k was the max for online requests, but a phone rep told me that there is no such limitation. Regardless, I've been denied for anything over 10k at least 4-5 times in the past 2 years.

Message 43 of 56
Mg11
Valued Member

2014 and chapter 13

Message 44 of 56
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

Well, I finally got my welcome packet from Barclays!  I guess they love me again, or at least they don't hate me enough to kick me off my Banana Republic card.  I'm probably still on thin ice with them, so I'll try to be extra careful with this card for the first few months under new management.

That said... has anyone heard anything about a cut-off date for CLI's while the cards are still with Synchrony?  When Williams-Sonoma credit products moved from Comenity to Capital One last year, I remember there being a cut-off maybe one or two months prior to the transition.  I'd love to get in a final SP CLI if I can... I pulled the trigger last week for this card and got a denial (it's been that way for all my Synch lines actually), but the SP they used for the decision is a little over a month old.  Hoping to try again in a couple weeks if there is still time...

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 45 of 56
Darrin73
New Contributor

Old navy cc

With barcaley taking over this card . I have the store version will or can it be upgraded to master card version 

Message 46 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Darrin73 wrote:

Old navy cc

With barcaley taking over this card . I have the store version will or can it be upgraded to master card version 

@Darrin73- it appears both the store and Visa versions will be migrating over to Barclays. It is unknown at this time whether any store versions will be upgraded to MC during or post-conversion, though.

Message 47 of 56
GrandBay
Frequent Contributor

burned Barclays a few years back

my Synch Banana Republic card was recently cancelled 

I am assuming those two things are related

Message 48 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@GrandBay wrote:

burned Barclays a few years back

my Synch Banana Republic card was recently cancelled 

I am assuming those two things are related

Did you receive any communication as to why your BR account was cancelled? Was it for non-use?

Message 49 of 56
GrandBay
Frequent Contributor

My only transaction was $21.44 in August 2021 but the reason stated for closure was due to a "review." 

they did not explicitly state usage or lack thereof

I opened the card May 18, 2021 and used it once

they closed it April 10, 2022

I did stop making payments on a Barclays Apple Card in June 2017 which they charged off in February 2018 

Message 50 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.