Did you mean: 

New PayPal product

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New PayPal product

@Anonymous wrote:
I'd say anywhere from 640-700 plus and they pull transunion

My TU score is still on the low end of that range as of the last pull (6/17). I'm going to monitor it for the next few months and depending on where it is in September/October I'll reevaluate then and see if it's worth taking the chance to apply for. I'm still not getting any popups for it, the only button that appears on my account is regular Comenity Paypal Credit.

Message 81 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a button on my PayPal account when logged in for the new MC but since i have PayPal Credit, the link always says I'm not eligible etc. Don't need this card but that is odd they still advertise it to me despite being unable to actually apply.
Message 82 of 114
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, this might be the smallest ounce fotm card in awhile. Thought it would see more tastersSmiley Wink
Message 83 of 114
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I'm kinda surprised this is still invite only, it's been nearly a month now. But they may be "testing that water", because when it goes public they'll no doubt be swamped with folks asking to PC their PP Extras card to PP Cashback, which Synchrony says they won't do, "for now". I'm kind of interested because I'm in good with Synchrony - Walmart & Lowes, both $10kCL each (I don't include store cards in my sig). But it looks like I won't get an invite because I'm on pre-screen opt out. Oh well, I have Penfed Powercash for 2% on any purchase.

Message 84 of 114
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Y'all like the way it looks? It's not very appealing!

Yeah, I have the card and it is pretty bad. Blurry blue boxes... 2 overlapping bold P's on a blank white square.

Maybe I should have been a graphic design artist, if this is all the effort that is required.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 85 of 114
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a button on my PayPal account when logged in for the new MC but since i have PayPal Credit, the link always says I'm not eligible etc. Don't need this card but that is odd they still advertise it to me despite being unable to actually apply.

Rumor has it that this may change in July.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 86 of 114
NC84
Regular Contributor

Would I be blacklisted for this card after burning paypal credit in a bankruptcy 3 years ago?

Message 87 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NC84 wrote:

Would I be blacklisted for this card after burning paypal credit in a bankruptcy 3 years ago?

Not per se. Bank A is not going to blacklist you for burning Bank B in the past. 

Message 88 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@NC84 wrote:

Not per se. Bank A is not going to blacklist you for burning Bank B in the past. 

I had wondered about that. I used to have a Bill Me Later account and it was included in my 2014 bankruptcy (I think that was before Comenity took it over).

Message 89 of 114
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NC84 wrote:

I had wondered about that. I used to have a Bill Me Later account and it was included in my 2014 bankruptcy (I think that was before Comenity took it over).

Actually, I'm pretty sure Bill Me Later was always Comenity, it just didn't change over to PayPal Credit until around 2014. I had a Bill Me Later account since around 2008 and it actually survived my 2010 BK7 - I hadn't used it in a awhile so $0 balance and I had no other Comenity accounts so they were never informed and never found out. I'd kind of forgot about it and around 2011 logged in & found it was still active w/credit limit. I called and closed it earlier this year, I hadn't used it in a long time - the rare occasion when I use PayPal for payment I used a card that gives me 2% rewards instead of getting nothing from PP Credit. And I actually didn't like that "hidden trade line" - it was my oldest TL having survived my BK, but no one knew that except Comenity and I. But I'm sure that if I ever missed a payment they'd report that in a heartbeat. So to me a "hidden tradeline" means: Use your credit resonsibly and we'll never tell a soul, make a mistake and we'll tell the world.

Message 90 of 114
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.